[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - My daughter
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My daughter

Moderator: duey

<<

Uaruman

Post Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:27 am

My daughter

Hi I'm working on a drawing of my daughter. This is going to be a present for my mother in law and I only have two more days to finish it. I am not 100% happy with this and am thinking of starting over again... Or is there something I can do to fix this one? Any tips are most welcome :-)

<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:12 am

Re: My daughter

You could use a wider value range?
What pencils are you using?
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Uaruman

Post Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:48 am

You probably have a good point there.... I have the whole range, but I always end up doing the whole drawing with 2B and 4B plus Charcoal thing I use for the darkest area. I don't think I really know how to use my pencils to be honest. I know that softer is darker and all that, but when I start a drawing I have a tendency to make it too light. And If I then have used a hard pencil at first I find it difficult to use a softer on top of it. It's like the paper is damaged? Maybe I use too much pressure instead of swapping pencils when drawing..

Thank you for getting back to me so soon :-) I will prepare to start again...
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Take Plisskens advice,learn to blend with tissues etc and you'll get there.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/

Return to Drawings