[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - the captain
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

the captain

Moderator: duey

<<

Brendan

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:22 am

Re: the captain

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:48 am

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:28 pm

This is an excellent drawing.
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:36 pm

Excellent lightfall on the subject.
Nice fade out at the bottom.
And the background shading is nicely done too. =D>
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Excellent work, love the show too. :)

<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:21 am

I will not talk about the positive aspects.
The negatives are that, the neck is so unnatural, and that
hard dark shadow under the chin should be lighter
or more defined.
Learn some more head and neck anatomy
for doing portraits, and try not just straight copying them
by the values.
FinaL influence ;
looks like a plastic head
in a fashion store window.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Before critiques are taken too seriously you may want to review past critiques.
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Yea.

The first thread that you have linked is from January 2010.
The second thread that you linked is from December 2009.
The third thread that you linked is from October 2010.
And now its November of 2011.
So what's your point?
Please help me, elaborate it a bit, cause I do not understand some things. Really.
Or maybe it's just your blatant way to point out that I am ALWAYS giving 'false'
or 'wrong' reviews?
If that was your goal, I am not claiming that is, but if it's your point here,
then the case is a bit pathetic.
Because, we are all different here and we are all seeing things differently,
and I can state something that you will think it's not right or wrong,
but at the same time, you can state something and I will be sure that you are wrong.
So who will decide, who's right and who's wrong?
And afterall, we are all here to learn, to discuss,
to share our opinion, and not to point out who's wrong.
Oh, but I know, your police nature got kicked in again, and you have to do
things right, even on the internet.
But.
But, I have to admit, you disappointed me a bit, cause I
thought that you are taking your 'job' more seriously.
Going hunting down people on the internet for making fake art
and steeling coffee. Hurting their pets.
Come on, you can find more from some of my discussions that I have been involved.
Put a few more hours, you can find something more interesting about me.
Maybe some posts where I mistyped things, left the capslock on. Double posted maybe.
And go correct my grammatical errors. Put in a few hours,
I know you like doing things like that. I can see it in your eyes.
You could do that next. I really do not mind.
I honestly like people like you are.
Intelligent, full of knowledge. Creative.
So aware. With a lots of time on their hands.
That is why I like this community,
that is why I never left these years.
This is why dueysdrawing is like my home,
because the warm environment that we have here.
And when you were gone for a while, I was so sad and
my life turned to a total misfortune. But now I am so
happy that you are back in business, taking care about
maintenance and stuff here.
And I just feel that deviantart screeeeeeeeeeams
your name, every time that you are away.
You are needed there man,
so do not waste a moment!
What would we do without you?
And I am so honored to know such a special person in person.
I wanna kiss, but you are all so far away...
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:22 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 pm

The points is this, Plissken.
Stop acting like your opinion is unquestionable, and the only one that matters.
You already posted your critique of the work, but seemed to felt compelled
to post it again after several of us said how we felt about this drawing.
<<

Dezkenob1

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:40 pm

I think this is a great drawing. It's the same high standard that I expect of Reiber these days.

I like the subtle background shading and how it fades out at the bottom which is something I need to learn to do. The hair is great, the proportions are accurate and shading is second to none. I think the neck looks a little odd if I really stare at it but sometimes that happens due to how shadows are cast but it certainly doesn't take away from the drawing as a whole and sometimes what looks right in a photo unfortunately doesn't always translate in the same way once drawn, even if it is drawn as accurate as possible. It's one of those things.

Overall.........fantastic stuff.

Such a shame this descended into some kind of argument.

@plissken, just curious why you say "I will not talk about the positive aspects." Why? Surely it's equally as important to mention the positives with the negatives.

On a positive note your 'critique' mentions what you feel is wrong and why.......kind of!
On a negative note your 'critique' suddenly becomes completely nonconstructive (if that's even a word) and comes across as being harsh just for the sake of being harsh. I'm not saying you need to be all nicey nicey but equally why be the opposite? Maybe you didn't mean to come across like that but it's my opinion that you feel you have somekind of 'image' to uphold, almost like you really think you're Snake Plissken. Of course, I could be wrong.

I personally don't see how this drawing "looks like a plastic head in a fashion store window" or what Reiber was supposed to take away from that. Maybe he should contact the original photographer and complain that the neck shadow etc, are all wrong.

Also, should the neck shadow be lighter or more defined. Which? You imply that it's too dark and should be lighter yet more defined. How would you make it more defined? Darker, harsher, lighten the skin or some other way?
<<

Helen

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:34 pm

<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:40 am

Bruce Lee said "to like or dislike is the minds worst disease". I know what this means....but most don't. If you're reality is hatred and turmoil than so is your life. :D
PreviousNext

Return to Drawings