[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - lovley curve
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

lovley curve

Moderator: duey

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:52 pm

lovley curve

I nice study i did for a change, i am working right now on a difficult comission.

A friend told me, when she saw it: Beautiful, but her boob looks like a part of her arm.
And i said: Well, this is because it is a part of her arm and not her boob...
So for everybody: In the right corner, that is a part of her ARM not her breast.
Guess she is holding her arm over it.

Feedback is appreciated! :D

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:56 am

Re: lovley curve

Overall an outstanding study of the female form.Well done =D>
Areas of concern for me were the belly-button (lacks definition) and the pubic area (shading and highlights seem to stop to high up).The paper texture has really added to this Artwork :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Russ@
Thanks for your comment!
I give you are right with the navel, on the photo it was half way covered, this is probably why i made it too simple.
But the pubic area is correct this way.

What do you mean with texture of the paper? I guess i used a paper with the smoosest surface and the fewest texture...

(and thanks, i learned a new word, pubic area) :D
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:39 pm

<<

abestine

Pro
Pro

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:43 am

great work mahn, so realistic, d highlights are well shown, i'll give u 9/10. Wt pencil combination did u use?
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:25 am

Russ@
When the paper is so smooth, there is almost just your pencil technique left, because the paper has no visible texture.

abestine@
Thank you! :D For the skin i used mainly 4b and 6b mechanical and for the dark parts 3b and 8b wood pencils, both pencil types are from castell.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Did you use the circulism method?
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:30 am

Russ@
Yes i did, and in original it looks much smoother than the scan i posted.
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:17 am

really nice
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:46 pm

<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:58 am

well done!
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:50 am

Return to Drawings