[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - George A. Romero
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

George A. Romero

Moderator: duey

<<

Kirby

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:59 pm

George A. Romero

Hi everyone,
This is my latest drawing. It's of George A. Romero even though I don't really know who he is. It's a birthday present for my friend Ashlee. The reference picture she wanted me to use was a lot smaller than I am use to being only 499 X 400 pixels but I'm really pleased with the result. What do you think? I don't like how the scan brought out the darkest spots so intensely while leaving the rest sorta washed out.

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: George A. Romero

Wonderful Artwork,well done.I bet the original looks a whole lot better =D>
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Astro Zombie

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Looks fantastic!
Your friend is going to be super happy with her present
:D
<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:36 pm

=D>
well done! bet its simply stunning in person.
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:12 pm

A very good drawing! I know how difficult it can be to draw after a small photo. But you really did a good job on this one.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:30 pm

If you have Gimp(free photo editing software) just load it up select levels and press auto, this should help with the scanning issues.
I have taken a liberty in using your own drawing to show you the difference, i hope you don't mind.
Great drawing by the way. :)
Before:
After:

<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Wonderfull =D>,yes first desatured the picture scanned to take away the color information,then apply the auto levels,if you don't have Gimp you can grab yours on my site,there's a link to the oficial page .
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Stunning! That hair it's just perfect. The whole drawing looks like a photograph! =D>
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".
<<

Kirby

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Thank you everyone for all the kind words! :mrgreen:
She absolutely loves it!

Larc-Romeo, thank you! That looks a lot better! I'm going to go and download Gimp now :D
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Return to Drawings