[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Buildings in three points perspective
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Buildings in three points perspective

Moderator: duey

<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:41 am

Buildings in three points perspective

Yesterday I made a room in 2 p. persp. and today some buildings in 3 p.p. It's the first time I draw smth in 3pp so ANY comments/advice would make me very happy :) .
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Re: Buildings in three points perspective

hey, looks good mada. I think if you want it to look more "realistic" you need to have the third perspective point further away, the one that would be down on the erm y axis? (the vertical one I dunno) The way it is now, it is correct but as you can see some of the buildings look a bit skewed, mainly the closest one of the three that are together. If your third perspective point is further away the angle wont be so drastic.

Anyway dont ake my word for it im not an expert but its worth a try I think. YOu can always imagine the vanishing point if there isnt room on your paper to actually have it. The perspective usually doesnt have to be 100 % correct, unless you are an architect.
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:33 pm

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Looking great.
Remember, putting imaginary boxes around
your objects in perspective is the secret key;

See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:59 pm

wow, thank you so much. You are such a nice person :)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:12 pm

It's all good practice,confusing to the eyes though :D
Why is Plissken being so nice...must be actually cooking his food now instead of eating raw meat :shock:
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:52 am

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:51 am

When i arrived here 18 months ago it was a nightmare for me,I didn't know how to upload my Artwork,it seemed quite a daunting place to hang around.Brendan helped me and gave good advice,which i appreciated greatly.I'm just returning the favour.
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:18 am

This act of "just to return the favour" is to be appreaciated :D
Changing the subject, I don't manage in drawing people in perspective. I tried today, but... I don't understand how should I draw the head of a person in perspective and how to align the eyes, mouth, nose so as to be proportionally correct. :roll:
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:57 am

Without getting into the technicalities (which is Boring) the only way for me is grid,use a size that suits the subject matter,10mm,1/2" or 1" whatever you find easiest.Use a light touch otherwise you'll have problems and be accurate with marking out.If you have a printer and extra cash you can buy transparency film,i use this,and print a grid on this and place it on my printed subject.
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:19 pm

I see :| Oh well, I'd really like to "solve" this mystery (it's kind of a mystery for me), because I just want to learn to draw ppl in perspective. I have to figure out how! :D (without gridding, you know... :) ) But thanks anyway for the suggestions. Maybe other users will answer to my question too to give me hints :D
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:14 pm

It's simple Mada,practice,and when you draw your dimensions always make sure you follow same angle directions.Try and work with 90 degree and 45 degree off-shoots,basic squares...and expand until you become comfortable with what you're doing.
People images work in a similar way,it's a case of plotting your dimensions.Look at Plisskens sketches for references.
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:00 am

<<

Dreaddinit

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Love it. I want to take a stab at this to just not sure how to go about it exactly. Haha.
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Return to Drawings