[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Conan the Barbarian
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Conan the Barbarian

Moderator: duey

<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Conan the Barbarian

Long time passed since I posted
anything lately from my drawings.
This is Conan, you all know him,
and I know you like him.
Non referenced drawing, that is why the anatomy is so
whacked. The first one is the un-edited pencil version
a second one is a bit digitally edited, contrast and brightness adjustments....
Hope you like it, thank you all for viewing;

See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Conan the Barbarian

Is this a self-portrait Plissken?
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:15 pm

you hadn't posted in so long, I thought your arms had fallen off. :D
Nice work though, well done. :)

<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:40 am

Hey Plissken (*unstable* :D ) I like this drawing. The second one, although is digitally modified, seems more interesting to me due to the contrast... and I like your style. It evokes...mystery.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:14 am

I like! I almost prefer the one on top, maybe just causte there is a white border around part of his frame in the one where you have upped the contrast.
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Russ
Haha, no it is not, I would
like to look badass like the hairy Conan does,
but I am not like him unfortunately.
Thank you for viewing and for replying.
You are doing great things for this community lately.

Larc-Romeo
I was not posting, but I
am here all the time, this is my home.
This community evoked my desire to fire.
3 years ago, it made a big difference in my life.
Thank you for your input and support my friend.

Mada
Hey there Romanian neighbor, hope you
are doing well. Yes I am a bit unstable, especially
lately. Some emotional crisis and depression.
I am very glad that you like the drawing and the
digitally edited version. You are very kind for
viewing and replying. Thank you very much.

jan
I am happy that you like the drawing
my friend. Thank you for your feedback, means
much to me. Cheers

<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 pm

What what? Wait..depression? I thought you were kidding when you said that you're unstable. Depression doesn't exist. WE are creating it. So choose not to fall in it. Here's one quote I like a lot: "Each human being has the right to seek out joy, joy being understood as something which makes one content – not necessarily that which makes others content."-Paulo Coelho, maybe you've heard of him. (I'm already starting with advice :lol: ) I know how you're feeling.. :) and I also know this is not appropriate to be discussed here, but oh well.. :D
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Mada, you are pure gold.
Thank you for these kind words...

<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:50 pm

very well put mada.
two rules i try and live by. (not always as easy as it sounds)
1. dont swet the small shizzle.
2. its all small shizzle.

i do dig your drawing very much.

best medicine for the problem. find your zen place ,plant your head firmly in the clouds, and let your pencils dance.
:D
shawna
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:53 pm

You welcome... I like helping people and making them feel better :) you know...getting over depression is kind of a fight against yourself. You have to be stronger than your own person or how shall I put it... You already know that all comes from our heads.. You have to be strong enough to choose what makes you happy and leave all the rest behind. I feel so strange advising someone on this...because I know how difficult it seems in that moments to get over it..
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 pm

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:44 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Russ
You are doing great things for this community lately.
Thanks Plissken,out of all the posters on here,you my friend are the crazy one,i love your humour :D
As for the depression some have spoken about,it's not always that easy being able to come to terms with our brains,never underestimate its power.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:38 pm

lol it censored me!! i sware thats not how i talk..lol
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:58 am

Nice man,he looks like the one in the latest movie from him :D

Return to Drawings