[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Portrait .. after a pause of almost a year
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Portrait .. after a pause of almost a year

Moderator: duey

<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Portrait .. after a pause of almost a year

Wentworth Miller from Prison Break. It took me a long time to manage making the left side darker and I pushed too hard the pencil 'cause it became somehow metallic. And the eyes look strange to me :? Anyway, I hope it resembles at least a little :lol: Image
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".
<<

zac97

Pro
Pro

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Re: Portrait .. after a pause of almost a year

not too bad but you need to work on getting rid hard lines (easy fix) and try gridding
new name but same ole zach97
my da
<<

b03tz

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Shading is pretty good, if you use the grid technique as zac97 suggested the proportions will be alot better too!
Try it, you will like :)
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Try gridding. Read the tutoral section on this site to learn more.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:33 am

Ok, I'll take a look at the tutorials from here because I'm quite confused about what do you actually mean by "gridding", guys. :oops: but I guess I figured out:D
Last edited by Mada. on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Proportions are a bit off
and you could use a bit of finer shading.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

b03tz

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Gridding is just the process of dividing the source drawing into squares and redraw it onto your paper (which you also divide in the same squares), afterwards you erase the grid and continue.

It resembles him pretty well, but I can see that with a little more time on your shading and using the grid technique even you will be suprised how much better it will look ;)
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Yea I am convinced it would look much better, but I guess my mistake is that when I start a drawing I barely can leave it and finish it another day or smth like that. Maybe I have a problem with this :lol: but from now on, I'll make pauses and I'll try to focus carefully on each part of a portrait. Thanks b03tz for the explanation, I found about it on Google too :D and thanks Plissken too, I'll follow your advice :)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:08 pm

<<

zac97

Pro
Pro

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:49 pm

new name but same ole zach97
my da
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:29 pm

*unstable* is my middle name...
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:36 pm

<<

Mada.

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Return to Drawings