[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Portrait of a Venezuelan girl
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Portrait of a Venezuelan girl

Moderator: duey

<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Portrait of a Venezuelan girl

Hi guys, I've just finished this one some days ago. It's a venezuelan girl who asked me to draw her face.

The reference picture was taken from facebook.

Thanks.

<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Portrait of a Venezuelan girl

very pretty. her eyes realy stand out.
nicely done =D>
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Same paper [-X
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:15 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Jon,I've spent hundreds of hours on here helping people and trying to give good advice,including you,don't be so sensitive.And believe it or not i can take criticism,I'm my worst critic,so if in future you see mistakes then let me know,also i would suggest you look back through your posts and see the help I've given you.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Russ, Yes, you have good criticism, but please, what kind of good criticism is "same paper [-X "? If I use the same paper hundreds times then the only thing you have to say is "same paper?" Most of my drawings are on the same paper, did you notice it? Are you gonna complain about that everytime I upload a drawing with that paper? Have you ever thought that I feel fine working with that paper? Do you consider that what works for you maybe doesn't work for me?

Besides, yesterday I started working with a different paper, as you can see I'm following your advice, but believe when I say I'm bored of reading from you "same paper" "same paper", "same paper". Please, if you want and you can improve your feedback.

Thanks again.
<<

caneker

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:17 pm

lol dont fight guys, its a nice drawing man. But relax :D ... Maybe you can work a little bit clean, there are some sharp tone changes on the face. I like your hair and eye drawing.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:22 pm

John,
Im not going to sugar coat this for you hows that. lol
When drawing faces in graphite its a common thing to use smooth paper. If you are trying to draw a realist drawing. You have to ask yourself is this going to be a reastic drawing or a sketch before you start.

This is a nice sketch if you would have use the smoother paper it would have been a very nice drawing. Dont ask me why they label it a sketch I dont have that answer. Its just the way artist label things.
If your using colored pencil then a rougher paper is needed. You need to decide on what your going to be using colored pencils or graphite. Russ just wants to see you get better in your art. He loves us all.
He does have a valid point. The paper really does make the drawing.
Now your asking yourself what do we know... Its because we all have made the same mistake at one time or another. We all have some very nice sketchs. Some of us have some nice drawings.
Its your choice use what you want. Different paper so different things. Vellum paper to me is too smooth and smears too easy. Bristol is what I use. Plain bristol not vellum bristol. Its all about choice. Give the new paper a chance and if you dont like it try a different kind.
Debbie
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:35 am

I must say i agree with the comments on the Smooth paper. That paper you are using it gives the drawing a feel as if it was quickly sketched. Try a smooth paper and you'll see how much more fine detail you can do and how much more realistic your drawing looks. Smooth watercolor is the best in my opinion. If you dont like it you can always go back to the paper you used. Just a tip. :D
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:22 am

I know this girl. I used to chat with her
when I came back from the war. She looks cool.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks guys.

Did you read what I wrote? Maybe not.

It's not about what people say, it's about HOW people say it.

Thanks to all.
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:14 pm

<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 pm

<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:11 am

Nice.....I agree with the paper argument though. Smoother paper just helps realism. If you like the paper you draw on, then keep doing what you do! Nice drawing.

Return to Drawings