FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Myrianne93's projects

Moderator: duey

<<

Myrianne93

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Myrianne93's projects

Ok so I'm just going to post everything that I upload here so it can stay a little organized. Hope this helps with the thread naming issue.
<<

Arnts3n

Brand New Member

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Myrianne93's projects

Can't wait! :D
<<

Myrianne93

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks..I am kind of upset because I'm still at school and they blocked websites like photo bucket and tiny pic so I can't upload anything yet. (the picture quality isn't the best but it's a start...THAT CAN'T BE STARTED THANKS TO MY SCHOOL) :roll:
<<

Myrianne93

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:09 pm

my first attempt on drawing an eye from the tutorial

first real attempt of a portrait..my baby picture
original

black and white (reference)

my attempt

I know its the first real thing and it shouldnt be masterful but at the moment I thought it was perfect. After a couple days a saw many mistakes and I see more and more everytime I look at it. But hey Im still proud of it. This was completed last year. :D

I just realized that that isnt the completed copy but its just clothing that was changed on the completed one and the background got a little darker. Its not that different from this one.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:56 pm

That's a really good likeness,When you start seeing your mistakes,that's when you start to become an Artist.As I've said before,Draw what you see...not what you think you see.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Myrianne93

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:07 am

Thanks. The eyes are really different because the teacher said that no ones eyes are black but you can't see my pupils at all in the reference photo so I made them up. Later I realized they were different sizes and one seems to be looking off in the distnce while the other seems to look directly at you. Thats the main thing i know I made up.

Also, I feel kind of confused on how to shade darker skin tones without it looking like a bad Zulu impression. At school the examples were for lighter skin tones and since I am darker I wasn't too confident in making the shading darker and how to add in where highlights are w/o making them look like white blotches on a dark face.

Return to Drawings