[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Drawing of the Joker (dark knight)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drawing of the Joker (dark knight)

Moderator: duey

<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Drawing of the Joker (dark knight)

So this a drawing i did a while ago. Its on a 13''x16'' paper. As soon as i was done with the joker i kind of just rushed on the buildings... i kind of regret having done that. im sure if i would of taken my time they would of looked alot more realistic. At the time i did this drawing i didnt have a good eraser to do the highlights on the hair. now that i have the eraser stick that Duey recommends (Tuff Stuff eraser stick) all the highlights i do on my recent drawings are hair thin. i love that eraser. too bad i didnt have it for this drawing! it would of helped me A LOT! so what do you guys think? :wink:
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Drawing of the Joker (dark knight)

I like it, the buildings kinda go with fact that the film derives from a graphic novel.
So the realism of Heath ledger in a Graphic novel Gotham city...cool. :)

<<

Astro Zombie

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:45 pm

I think its awesome.
I like the buildings being that way. I think it fits.
<<

GordieKerr

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Agree with other posts, buildings look good the way they are. Nice work
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:35 pm

All's good,great Artwork.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks everyone! :D i really enjoyed this drawing! it was a challenge to work on such big paper! :D
<<

Goody

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:58 am

Hi 93fox

thats a great drawing, inspired me to have a go at the joker myself would you mind explain briefly the techniques you used, i.e did you use any charcoal for the dark bits hair and more about how got he highlights in the hair would be cool

great work

goody
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:51 pm

<<

Goody

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:05 pm

great - thanks , i'll take thoses comments on board - I think I need to get a darker pencil than 4B. and a new rubber and a brush to try. exactly what type of brush i dont know. i'm finding the stumps a bit messy i must say,

i have printed that poster off from google - I think i might give it a go. wont be for a while as i have 2 drawings in the que. please feel free to comment on mine - just uploaded my second attempt, its not the best but hey ho.
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:32 pm

<<

Dreaddinit

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 pm

I did this same one not to long ago. I rushed it. This a perfect example of what something can look like if you take more time. Awesome work.
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:17 am

So I had to bring this back to the top. Joker is looking sexy. excellent job 93fox. This has inspired me to do a future joker picture. Ole!
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:51 am

<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 am

lol. that is awesome. I will expand my horizons in a little bit. Need to stay focused and finish this book I have been using. I am sure your skill has improved greatly since this drawing.
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.

Return to Drawings