[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Gollum - Lord of the Rings WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Gollum - Lord of the Rings WIP

Moderator: duey

<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:33 am

Gollum - Lord of the Rings WIP

Hi guys, howdy? I'm trying the Art Grip Aquarelle - Faber Castell

<<

Chad V

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Gollum - Lord of the Rings WIP

Excellent! I think you would enjoy the completed work with a smoother paper. I know with my style i love my paper smooooooth. But yours still looks great!
You can't be King of the world, if your slave to the grind.................
http://www.facebook.com/chadvstudio
http://chadvstudio.deviantart.com/
http://chadvstudio.weebly.com/
<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:52 am

outstanding likeness so far. I'm with chad on the smooth paper. texture wooks well for some. makes others look a bit "rough"
but your skills are awsome. i wanta see it completed :)
cheers
shawna
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Told you before Jon,lose the paper [-X
Go smooth and your Art will be stunning.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Astro Zombie

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Wow. :shock:
Looks outstanding so far. I can't wait to see it completed!
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks for your comments :D

<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:57 pm

very well done! =D>
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Astro Zombie

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 pm

=D>
Thats awesome.
You did an excellent job!
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks guys! thanks for your advices. :)

I'm drawing a new one and I'm using a different paper. #-o

See you!
<<

zac97

Pro
Pro

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:08 pm

the pper works well for the drawing
new name but same ole zach97
my da
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:43 pm

I agree with Zach, Let him draw on what he wants. Fine job John!
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

abestine

Pro
Pro

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 am

jezz! wat a wonderful work, u're really good at shading and the blending...jst perfect. i wouldn't mind having someone like u as my mentor u knw, really need to knw hw to shade.
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:34 am

Thank you guys.
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Looks really good, I suppose its a matter of taste but I wouldn't use aquarel paper unelss you are actually painting with brushes. THe texture is too "toothed" for pencils of any kind in my opinion and the texture really comes through the drawing. THen again some ppl really like that effect.

Return to Drawings