[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Drawing Newbie
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drawing Newbie

Moderator: duey

<<

CoreyS

Brand New Member

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:07 am

Drawing Newbie

Hi all,

Just thought I'd pop a drawing up on here, it's the first one I've done (besides one tutorial off here). I've only been drawing for about a week, but am really enjoying it and look on here regularly cos you guys are amazing!

The drawing itself isn't finished (obviously) but I would like any constructive feedback you can think of :)

Sorry for the poor quality, this was taken on my mobile phone.

http://i55.tinypic.com/28tg6l5.jpg
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:00 am

Re: Drawing Newbie

Great job Corey,you're doing fine,sounds stupid but try and draw what you see and not what you think you see :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

CoreyS

Brand New Member

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks Russ.

I did start out with drawing 'hard lines' etc as I thought it was, but from reading some things on here I have now realised the fact that it is all shading that gives any variations, going to try and put that into practice as much as possible with the next part of the drawing!
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 am

You have done a really nice job on the iris and pupil area.
Well done, keep it up. :)

<<

CoreyS

Brand New Member

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Just semi-finished my drawing. Think it's pretty much finished up to about my current ability levels, but any suggestions for improvements are greatly appreciated. I also pretty much screwed up the upper eyelashes!!

Uploaded with

Thanks
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:37 pm

This was your first real effort, so take pride in what is an accomplished piece. =D>
I look forward to seeing more from you. :)

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Fantastic =D>
Now the advice,I can see the grid lines so be careful how hard you draw them,I use a 6h normally so they don't need erasing,but you must lay them down lightly.If you didn't notice there is one right inside the pupil (unless I'm mistaken,if so,then discount all previous sentence) :D
<<

CoreyS

Brand New Member

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 am

Carl, thank you.

Russ, thanks. Yes there are visible grid lines. Problem was I started this piece before I got my new set of pencils so I had to draw the grid with an 8H, turns out I acceidentally indented the paper! At least I know for next time.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 am

Return to Drawings