[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Tried to draw a photorealistic lighter
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tried to draw a photorealistic lighter

Moderator: duey

<<

b03tz

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:55 am

Tried to draw a photorealistic lighter

Hey guys,

I just registered...saw all your amazing drawings on here and I've been following the message board for some time now. I thought I'd post a pic as well. Drew this lighter today, I'm just drawing for about a month now...so it's far from perfect! Though some critisism is very welcome, so I can improve my skills.

Here's a timelapse of me drawing it:

And the final:

Full version:

Reference photo:
<<

Chad V

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: Tried to draw a photorealistic lighter

looks good, a great start!keep going
You can't be King of the world, if your slave to the grind.................
http://www.facebook.com/chadvstudio
http://chadvstudio.deviantart.com/
http://chadvstudio.weebly.com/
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:24 am

nice work. One month, really? The rendering is really good, you got a pretty good balance of values there too which isnt easy. Im by no means an expert on photorealistic drawing, but I think you could bring out the highlights a bit more on some parts of the metal. Metal is very shiny so I would say that the brightest parts of the metal, that get the most light, would be almost white. Of course this is harder to get right when you have a white background I suppose but you could give it a try.
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:25 am

disregard that about the highlights. looking at the reference photo I would say you are pretty spot on, your image is actually a bit lighter than the reference.
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:04 pm

I think that the perspective is horribly
off on this detailed lighter.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

b03tz

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:04 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 pm

I think Plissken should adopt a different method of praise [-X
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness