[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - An interesting face
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

An interesting face

Moderator: duey

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 am

Re: An interesting face

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Russ - thanks, but I have many erasers, and none work as well as the electric because they are static on the paper and don't lift enough graphite like the electric can. Due to its constant movement over the surface of the paper, an electric eraser lifts so much more and produces much lighter results.
Anyway, the beard is doing my friggin' head in! :D So tricky to achieve anything resembling realistic white hair. I hoped to be finished by now but no such luck thanks to the beard. Still work to do on the forehead too.

http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm crying with you Mark! Another suggestion and i know your answer already,is a white 'Uniball' pen 8)
Failing that a detailed overwork with a mechanical on the beard,I'll go and get you some pain-killers mate :D
Bye the way..for all the pain,it's looking sublime.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:17 am

An amazing portrait and i can't say which part i like the best. So much detail and realism in there. And i need to buy an electric eraser. :D
<<

Theyoungster

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:15 pm

I'm beyond jealous of your work. Keep it up!
<<

Astro Zombie

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:00 pm

I think this is the coolest piece of artwork ive seen in a while. I have been waiting for updates on this.
The details in it blows my mind.
<<

rush90gt

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Your work is awesome. I've never heard of an electric eraser before, just more of my inexperience I suppose.
Previous

Return to Drawings