[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - An interesting face
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

An interesting face

Moderator: duey

<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Re: An interesting face

This is truly amazing....can't wait to see the finished piece.
<<

zac97

Pro
Pro

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:34 pm

woooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
i also am trying to stop blending but my first layer seems to always need blending so i always blend my base layer but latley when drawing through my classes(no wonder i get 40s) i havent blended other than the first layer it comes out alot better but the lower portion comes out looking rushed but i now finish a small portrait every week or so and still work on my bigger projects
......go art :P
new name but same ole zach97
my da
<<

Dezkenob1

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:37 am

Great start. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

With regards to blending, I would say don't. I gave it a go in my early days of drawing but found it takes away from the photorealism that I was trying to achieve. These days I use the circulism technique which allows me to get very accurate skin texture and tones. This technique gets great results for just about every subject that I've drawn.
However, sometimes if I have a large area to cover with Graphite, I will quite roughly fill in the area with Graphite, then blend it as smooth as possible to get rid of all visible pencil strokes, then I will start adding Graphite using the circulism technique over the top of the blended Graphite. This allows me to build up more layers of Graphite, focusing more on the texture, tones and details that I want to show in the finished drawing. You could describe the initial blended layer as a kind of undercoat for what's to follow.
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:28 pm

All of your comments are very encouraging. I haven't spent half as much time on this as I ought to, or can be arsed to!! Anyway...here's an update..

I agree with Dezkenobi - don't blend unless you really need to. The only times I find myself blending is in large repetetive areas of very light tone, which I find harder to get smooth than dark tones.
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:32 pm

outstanding job so far mate. and great tips.
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:50 pm

This is heading to the 'Hall of Fame'.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Kirby

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:16 am

I just can't believe how many little details you are able to get into this =D>
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Cooooooooooongrats!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> Your work rocks!
<<

abestine

Pro
Pro

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:17 pm

u're doing a great job, i av no doubt u'll come out great with the finishing.
<<

Emeraldisle

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:49 pm

Looking brilliant at the moment, can't wait to see the finished piece!!!
:D
Is fear rith maith na drochsheasamh.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:45 am

Most Excellent job!
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks again for all your kind comments and input...

The beard is one of the hardest things I've attempted to draw...
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

Helen

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 pm

I don't know what else I could say that hasn't been said. I am in awe. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:54 am

It is so interesting to see the process of your drawing. I am very excidet how the beard will look in the end. I am struggling with that right now too.
And of course the texture of the face is amazing!
<<

Alasdair

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Wow, brilliant attention to detail, really like your drawing so far! can't wait to see it finished!
My Cross Hatching Tutorial and Website: http://darkdesigngraphics.co.uk/cross-hatching-tutorial
See how I work on Youtube: http://youtube.com/user/DarkDesignGraphics
Like my page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/DarkDesignGraphics

I love Art! :D
PreviousNext

Return to Drawings