[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Jessica Biel WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Jessica Biel WIP

Moderator: duey

<<

GordieKerr

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Jessica Biel WIP

I always have trouble scanning or taking pics with a digital camera. When i use a scanner it doesnt pick up the light tones and when i use a digital camera it appears blurry. Any suggestions?

Uploaded with
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:06 am

Re: Jessica Biel WIP

First of all, a very good start! :)

I am not a friend of taking photos of drawings, i think usually it doesen't show the drawing like it is. I always scan the final version of the drawing.
I take the professional modus in 8-bit greyscale and afterwards you need to correct the contrast in programs like photoshop. But of course i don't know what kind of scanner you are using.
Sometimes the scanner has the option to change contrast and light. You should go in light and contrast a little into minus. Usually then the scanner picks up more pale tones and doesen't "burn" them out.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:54 am

Great start.
I use an option on my scanner to "Restore fade" it basically adjusts the light and contrast and brings it close to its original state.
It is never perfect, but I think the same can be achieved with imaging software if you have it.

Looking forward to seeing this one completed, there is a "liquid lead" drawing of her on a site somewhere which is quite inspiring...wait... OK here it is

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:44 am

Larc-Romeo@
I saw the "liquid lead" drawings some time ago and thought they are amazing. Very interesting style and a huge amount of realism. I would love to try out those tools.
The only thing which seems not to work so well is the hair, it never looks so good like the rest of the drawing.
<<

GordieKerr

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:34 am

First time Ive ever seen liquid lead.. wow. I dont feel like finishing this now after seeing the realism lol
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:46 am

<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:44 am

Agree with above response. Don't even compare pencils to liquid lead....I just seen them for the first time.....holy crap I can't believe it. Your drawing is looking great!
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:15 am

<<

caneker

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Your drawing looks great, very nice shading, really good start. But theres something wrong with the eyeleashes, im not sure what it is... Maybe they are just too sharp.
Anyways, looking forward to see this finished.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:53 am

Great start. I cant wait to see it finished.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.

Return to Drawings