[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - glamorous hug
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

glamorous hug

Moderator: duey

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:16 pm

glamorous hug

My latest drawing. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. Used mechanical and wood pencils, tissues and ereaser, needed around 30 hours.
And i think i say this for the first time: I am proud of my drawn hair. :D

All feedback and critique is very welcome!

EDIT:

For this work i want to post also the original photo. I think i made the drawing even more realistic and livley than the photo is. The photo is so much photoshoped, there is almost no skin texture left.

Last edited by Xartist on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

KinseyDeford

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: glamorous hug

GREAT WORK, If you do any revisions the only spot i could think of having any possibility of improving would be adding some age and wear n tear to his skin to show age, :) =D>
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:40 pm

So nearly perfect,well done you.Must admit i tend to agree with Kinsey about the wear and tear,it gives character to a piece.Love the way you did DDs clothes,and hair is your best so far :D
Last edited by Russ on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:58 pm

<<

KinseyDeford

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Oh! okay maybe this solution is better then messing with his physical appearence but maybe a background would improve it (:
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:16 pm

KinseyDeford@
So you saw the photo? I think it is already a big difference i made with the skin texture...like you wrote more would be messing with his physical appearence.
I know the background of the photo is cool, but by this kind of pose and motive, i like it clean, all the focus and contrast lays on the persons.
<<

KinseyDeford

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:19 pm

either way its amazing hahah. kudos
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Wear and tear means how a person develops later in life,becomes more characterised with wrinkles and blemishes.
As you said,these are so airbrushed and photoshopped it gives a false account of reality.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:58 pm

really really good
my da
<<