[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - What a difference a forum makes! - updated image
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What a difference a forum makes! - updated image

Moderator: duey

<<

Nijinski

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:03 pm

What a difference a forum makes! - updated image

I wanted to share what I have achieved since joining this forum in January. The picture is of my Mum who is no longer with us. I drew my very first portrait attempts in Nov/Dec 2010. I was so pleased with my drawing (done freehand I might add) because I could tell it was my Mum. But having been with the forum for a very short time, reading all comments not just with my own work but that of others, I have learnt a lot. I am sure that my drawings will speak volumes on what has been or can be achieved in a very short space of time and with the help and advice from this forum. I would just like to express my thanks to everyone who has at some point given constructive critisism/feedback on my drawings and those of everyone else. I most certainly would not have got very much better had it not been for their support. Thanks to all =D>

I have been away for a while and worked little on my drawing, but have done a little more work on it. As usual I am open to critisism/feedback on what to do to improve.

first attempt at drawing my mum Dec 2010 ref photo and present WIP of the same photo
Image Image Image Image Latest image
Last edited by Nijinski on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: What a difference a forum makes!

Congrats!

That's true, this forum is a great tool for all the people who want to improve their drawing skills.
<<

nonstoptaxi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:03 pm

oh wow, wot a diferrences! Amazing! :mrgreen:
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Well said Nijinski,and you definitely have improved.Condolences to you and your family for your sad loss.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Great work, especially on the glasses rims! Not sure if you can do much about it now, but the top part of her hair looks a bit flat. You missed some of the lighter highlights there. Might be worth it to see if you can pull up some of that graphite to create highlights using a kneadable eraser.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

coinslab

Amateur
Amateur

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:35 am

Well done!
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:14 am

That is a world of difference. Incredible progress and you can onyl get better. It just goes to prove that you can learn to draw very well if you practice and listen to good, sound advice. Well done Nijinski - I bet your mum would be very proud.
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:21 am

good post and agree with Nijinski. Also congrats on your progress which is very plain to see. Keep it up!
<<

caneker

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:27 pm

=D>
<<

bravoc-88

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:30 am

Congratulations on your progress! Your improvement is inspiring and you can only continue to improve.

My nugget of advice is to pay attention to the whites of the eyes, there is subtle shading in them.
~"The act of drawing alone makes you an artist..."~ Nick Meglin

http://bravoc-88.deviantart.com/gallery/
<<

Nijinski

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Thank you all for your kind comments. However, without the support and guidance of the members of this forum I doubt I would have achieved the results that I am presently being able to do. Thank you
<<

Nijinski

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:32 pm

[/quote] My nugget of advice is to pay attention to the whites of the eyes, there is subtle shading in them.[/quote]

Thank you for that advice, I shall certainly look to amending those features. She is still very much a WIP at the moment and there is so much still to be done. Thank you
<<

wathyroidis85

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:08 am

wow this is good !i cant even dream about making one this good.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. ~Scott Adams
<<

Nijinski

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Next

Return to Drawings