[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - How to use imagination?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to use imagination?

Moderator: duey

<<

TheDeviant

Brand New Member

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:08 pm

How to use imagination?

Alright Forum, I've been drawing since I was 16, and I always had straight "A" from Art, I went to whole bunch of competitions, I even had couple of 1st places. I am GREAT at copying, I mean when I look at the picture I can draw it like (98% accurate) I am good at shading, and things, but I have a HUGE problem-I DO NOT know how to use imagination, how to draw something from my mind, and my brain (not the characters/pics from the Net.)something on my very own. :oops: Ummm...so what ya'll suggest ? What shall I do ?

Now let Me describe my problem in every single detail: I can NOT draw something from my brain, I can NOT create something on my own, when I look at the pic, people say that I am amazing, then 2 mins. later, when I don't see the pic. I do not know how to draw that same thing, I can remember how it looks but I can not put it down on paper I don't know why... :?

ANY HELP ? PLEASE HELP ME !? [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: How to use imagination?

No.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:05 am

Can we see some photos/scans of your work? It sounds brilliant! :|
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:07 am

I think the only way would be to doodle,I have,and probably most people suffer the same problem :(
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:03 pm

I would like to see some of your works too. :D

To your problem, like russ already said, most artists suffer the same problem.
What exactly would you like to draw out of imagination? An object, a landscape, some person or a certain person?

I tried out to draw a person out of my mind, this person doesen't exist. I think for me it worked. When you want to draw something uncertain, you just need to know some facts of light incidence an human anatomy.

But when you want to draw a certain person, or a complicated object....tell me when you got a solution. :?
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Sounds to me like you have William's Syndrome :

Williams Syndrome
Is present at birth and occurs in both males and females in all ethnic groups throughout the world. Persons who have Williams Syndrome are missing genetic material on chromosome #7 which contains the protein elastin which strengthens the heart and its blod vessels. Children with Williams Syndrome often share similar facial features such as: smaller sized heads, puffiness around the eyes, a small upturned nose, curly hair, full lips, small widely spaced teeth, a noticeable white starburst pattern in the iris and a small chin. These physical attributes can cause persons with the disorder to appear "elf-like". Other affects of the disorder include: low or poor muscle tone, premature puberty, hypersensitive hearing and a low birth weight. Mild to severe learning disabilities related to visual, perceptual and spatial concepts are common although people with Williams Syndrome have a high grasp of language skills and are excessively friendly. There is no known cause for Williams Syndrome and no cure.

You might be able to get some sort of disability income.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:30 pm

just left the pictures get out of your brain,and put in into a piece of paper,
easy ehh :D
<<

Catonia

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:12 pm

I have the same problem :shock:
But I can still draw without reference, it just doesn't look anything like the character I had in mind.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:30 pm

<<

conty

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 am

Yeah, lets see your art work!!
<<

coinslab

Amateur
Amateur

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Get inspired... 90% of creating unique artwork is just a feeling, an emotion... a fleeting moment in time. I say you should study the people that inspire you (even if they aren't artists), and try and get more connected to your feelings and emotions. Hey even try listening to music while you draw.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:03 pm

<<

caneker

Monitor Tanned