[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Mila Kunis portrait Graphite WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mila Kunis portrait Graphite WIP

Moderator: duey

<<

danielmacgregor

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:04 am

Mila Kunis portrait Graphite WIP

Got a bit bored of Cheryl Cole, so I've started a new portrait to keep myself interested.

This is my WIP at moment.

Pic is off my phone, so sorry if quality is not great :)

Any critiques / comments appreciated :D

Uploaded with
<<

nonstoptaxi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:38 am

Re: Mila Kunis portrait Graphite WIP

...you gotta stop making your grid lines so hard; that goes for your numbering on your grid...no amount of erasing will get rid of the indentations and feint graphite left on the paper! Also, you should start advancing to making our features more detailed now - e.g. the eyes - make your lashes more refined, include features where the inner corner of the eye is, placement of the highlight in the eye should be in the same place for both eyes, and you should capture the subtle variations in pattern of the iris, add in subtle wrinkles around the eyes, make your shading to produce a watery look, even add the blood vessels!. Stuff like that. Other than that, looks well good...I like the hair! :mrgreen:

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:56 am

[quote="nonstoptaxi"]...you gotta stop making your grid lines so hard; that goes for your numbering on your grid...no amount of erasing will get rid of the indentations and feint graphite left on the paper! Also, you should start advancing to making our features more detailed now - e.g. the eyes - make your lashes more refined, include features where the inner corner of the eye is, placement of the highlight in the eye should be in the same place for both eyes, and you should capture the subtle variations in pattern of the iris, add in subtle wrinkles around the eyes, make your shading to produce a watery look, even add the blood vessels!. Stuff like that. Other than that, looks well good...I like the hair! :mrgreen:

Good advice,but one step at a time..third portrait?
Anyway Dan,maybe over the weekend i will upload a system for people to try,It's a method as told by CanadianMarble09 that people don't seem to understand,I have used this method for an Acrylic Land/Waterscape i am currently doing.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

danielmacgregor

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks for the advice nonstoptaxi! I'd never even thought about the highlights being in the same position on each eye, but it makes sense now! I'm not too bothered by the grids at the moment as I'm only practicing - I'm actually using a printed grid to save me time.

@Russ. Well, lets say 4th portrait, Cheryl was the 3rd - I will finish it soon!
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 am

Good stuff for the small amount of experience you have. I agree about the grids, but if they ar eonly practice pieces I suppose it makes no difference. But you may find friends or contacts who wish to buy your work, and they won't with a grid running through it! :)
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

danielmacgregor

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:09 pm

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:18 am

Nice drawing, great really, considering your experience.
Keep practicing, and try to develop somthing new with each piece, as mentioned above. :)

Return to Drawings