[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Stephen Fry WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stephen Fry WIP

Moderator: duey

<<

conty

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:55 am

Stephen Fry WIP

Stephen Fry WIP, i have this drawing and a Rhino WIP on the go at the same time as this Stephen Fry drawing is A2 and is taking a while, so to keep drawing interesting i swap working between the two
<<

conty

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:57 am

Re: Stephen Fry WIP

<<

conty

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:59 am

<<

dustboy76

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:45 am

hey, looks great! really like the eyes.
http://dustboy76.deviantart.com/

Feel free to check out my drawings.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 am

Lookin' shnazzy! I'm a little concerned with the hair over his right (viewer's left) ear. It looks a bit confusing right now.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

conty

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:35 pm

I've not really worked that area properly yet, the left eye is the only thing that's more or less done, just a few touch up's. But everything else needs loads of work yet, it feels a bit of an up hill struggle. I work on it for a few hours and it hardly notices it's such a large drawing. But I'm determind to get it done
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:14 pm

I like your smooth style !
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:26 pm

I've been looking forwards to this coming out (no pun intended)
Looking fantastic at the moment conty =D>
Just received a phone call from Stephen,he said "Russ,when you critique contys Artwork,make sure he straightens my nose and makes me look thinner". :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

conty

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:55 pm

haha russ, your right it has been along time coming. but ive finished school now until september so all my time has been free'd up phhewww, i sent the wip to his secretary today so it will be interesting to hear what they think so far, hopefully they wont say, forget it man yer rubbish!
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:17 am

So far, so good. Really looking forward to seeing it completed.
I would suggest that you get Mr Fry to plug your site on twitter when its finished and he is happy with it, as I'm sure he will be, he has a huge following on there including myself. :)

<<

conty

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:01 pm

thats not a bad idea, thanks. mum follows him on twitter, i guess i should sort out an account myself. i cant remember if ive done one or not lol
<<

conty

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 am

heres an update, but nothing on the drawing is finished everything still needs work all over, but making slow progress
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 am

Hi conty,don't want to say too much yet but are you going to rough him up a bit,he looks very smooth?
This is not a criticism,he has a face that has had wars fought on it..very lived in.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

conty

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:40 am

i was only thinking today his skin doesnt look like skin yet, but honestly this drawing is a pig to do, ive done it too big so thats why its taking so long to complete. i just hope its worth it in the end. i have to photograph the wip's and i cant get close enough for you to see all the fine details, like the shaving stubble, its all lost in the photo, but onwards and upwards, it will get done, but none of it is done yet, and apart from the time its soaking up im happy with how its going so far
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:11 am

This is a great piece, but I agree that he looks a little bit younger than he is due to the smooth skin tones. Email a scan to Stephen Fry and he may like the 'younger look' and offer you £££s! :D
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
Next

Return to Drawings