[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Justin B
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Justin B

Moderator: duey

<<

dustboy76

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Justin B

This is a birthday gift for a relative. I'm please with how the hair came out but not so much the skin tones in the face. Haven't figured a technique on how to better transition the shadows with the flesh tones.

Took around 16 hrs. Thanks for looking! :)

Uploaded with
http://dustboy76.deviantart.com/

Feel free to check out my drawings.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Re: Justin B

Looks great! I especially like the way you did the background a bit blurry. Nice to have another CP'er around since Bren and Bravoc-88 rarely check in with new pieces anymore.

For the skin tones, I find that using an intermediary tone between the highlight and the shadow and then shading with it "across the grain" works pretty well. For example, I use a lot of PC297- Light Peach as my base layer for skin tone, and then add darker tones overtop such as PC946- Dark Brown and PC935- Black for the shadows. Then I go over top with PC1019- Rosy Beige, colouring in the opposite direction as my pencil strokes for the first two layers to blend them. Sometimes it takes several layers alternating between the Black, Brown, and Rosy Beige before you find a tone you're happy with. Hope that helps!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Holy Crap !! :shock:
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

dustboy76

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:56 am

lol. thanks!

i appreciate the tips, maple. makes sense...i usually lay a flesh tone base and go right for the darker tones. i'll try that next time.
http://dustboy76.deviantart.com/

Feel free to check out my drawings.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:09 am

Excellent work. :)

Return to Drawings