[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - In the Month
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

In the Month

Moderator: duey

<<

coinslab

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun May 29, 2011 1:36 pm

In the Month

Since this forum magically vanished, here's some drawings I finished while it was down.

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun May 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: In the Month

Some great stuff there Jon :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun May 29, 2011 8:14 pm

You've done more in the last month than Bren's done in the past two years. :lol:
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Brendan

Post Sun May 29, 2011 8:38 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun May 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Have been thinking about your moods for/with these drawings.
I see these as very tribal and ancient,maybe others see them as a depressive state of mind or just fantasy.The facts remain,in ancient times obviously things were different,and the slaughtering of human sacrifices were deemed as common place and a necessity,It's a subject dear to my heart and worthy of research,any thoughts out there?
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

coinslab

Amateur
Amateur

Post Tue May 31, 2011 12:28 am

Well, to be completely honest I do have moments of intense depression. Its usually when my art comes about. Normally I don't have the patience or mentality to create it. As for the tribal element. It's always been in my life, and it's even a bigger part of me. I mean, as crazy as it sounds I remember seeing a native hanging around me when I was a kid. Apparently my nephew claims to see him around me without me mentioning him to him. Sometimes I drag my ideas from dreams I often have of me as a child. Small, barefoot, and running through the desert. Strangely enough I am able to feel the pain of the rocks and brush against my feet. Sometimes strong spiritual iconic imagery is passed throughout my mind in these dreams. I usually don't share those pieces of art as it seems to make me extremely uncomfortable to do so.

As for the local ancient tribes human sacrifice was nonexistent. Of course if someone came in and threatened their family they'd kill them, but that was not only rare it was human nature. Keeping your family safe and healthy is everything. Sometimes they had to go to extreme lengths to keep it that way, but they were otherwise very peaceful. It's the neighboring tribes that later on forced them into the blood and battle they got into. Again, they are just protecting their family.
They didn't practice human sacrifice, and as far as my studies have gone I cannot find any trace of animal sacrifice either. They cared for the land. They cared for each soul. Even if it was "just an animal".
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue May 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Excellent Drawings JON! :)
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

coinslab

Amateur
Amateur