[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - WIP...Gorilla close Up
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WIP...Gorilla close Up

Moderator: duey

<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 am

WIP...Gorilla close Up

Hi All

I haven't been around for a while...been pretty slack with the drawing thing, but finally knuckled down and got one going.
This is A2 in size, on 200gsm paper...and so far have used pencils ranging from 3B to 2H.
Enjoying all the contours, although it is quite time consuming.
Let me know what you all think, and where I can improve ;o)

Uploaded with
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue May 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: WIP...Gorilla close Up

wow very good considering how difficult it is to draw wrinkles :D
my da
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue May 24, 2011 4:34 pm

'Bren' is looking fantastic,keep at it :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue May 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi Adrian,
I saw this on AP, did'nt know you were a member here too. :)
It's looking really good so far, keep up the good work.

<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed May 25, 2011 8:03 am

WOW! It's looking amazing! I can't wait to see the finished piece.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat May 28, 2011 6:45 pm

This is EXCELENT! I went and checked out your website to and added you on deviant art! I cant wait to see it finished. You lion was to die for. So I know how this is going to turn out! Cant wait!
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun May 29, 2011 9:00 am

Thank you for the compliments Guys!! Its really what keeps me going.
Here's an update...

Uploaded with

This mouth/lips was quite difficult to draw, eventhough it isn't even done yet...and the worst is yet to come I think...fine hairs and skin textures.
Not sure how many hours I've put in this yet, but to guess I would say between 15 and 20 hours.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun May 29, 2011 10:38 am

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue May 31, 2011 10:43 pm

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

dustboy76

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 pm

it has been a while! superb as always! look forward to seeing the end portrait.
http://dustboy76.deviantart.com/

Feel free to check out my drawings.
<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:21 am

Sorry it's going so slow Guys, but i'm trying to do a bit every chance I get....hopefully this weekend I can do a bit more...

Uploaded with
<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:00 pm

A little bit added over the weekend...

Uploaded with
<<

adrianwells

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:39 am

Sorry it's going so slowly Guys, but just been too busy to do much drawing...I have added a bit more though, and i've put in the reference picture, so you can see what it will hopefully look like...

Reference...

I am considering excluding the lower section of the drawing ie. the arm, as I feel it just diverts the attention off the focal point - the face/eyes.
what do you all think?
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:50 pm

I think it's up to you what you include,on a personal note,I would add as much to it as the paper size depicted...you owe it to the Gorilla :D
It wouldn't have to be hair for hair,just good filler.
Have a look at my Mel Gibson on my dA account...very similar :D
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:31 am

It looks very good! All the wrinkles must be a lot of work!
Next

Return to Drawings