[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - My daughter
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My daughter

Moderator: duey

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Re: My daughter

i dont know if its the scanner or the paper but the chin looks as if it can be blended :?
my da
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu May 26, 2011 8:54 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Jonathan,you have done a lovely portrait,my only advice would be to tone down or make slightly smaller the highlights in the eyes.In my opinion they look out of place (i know they are in the reference pic) Does anyone else have an opinion about this???
With the silhouette style they tend to glare,not so noticeable in colour.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu May 26, 2011 9:56 pm

<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri May 27, 2011 7:48 am

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri May 27, 2011 8:01 am

Common problem with me also,I always print off pictures i want to draw,you lose loads of the quality,others tend to work direct with their PC so you have a near perfect reference.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri May 27, 2011 8:07 am

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat May 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Your doing a fantastic job! :) Keep it up.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat May 28, 2011 8:10 pm

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue May 31, 2011 10:47 pm

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

Nesta

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

<<

nonstoptaxi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:28 am

The portrait has turned out quite distinctive...a certain style to it! I would say 'commercially viable' even :mrgreen:
As for improvement areas, I would say the eyes could do some work...currently the pupil blurs into the iris; if you lighten the iris, will make the eyes less like two dark circles. I read somewhere that you should only ever have 1 highlight in the eye. I don't necessarily agree with this now, but I think 3 highlights in each eye makes it too 'busy'. Finally, I think your blending has given it that 'distinctive' style I mentioned...so nothing wrong with it, but if you wanted to render something that is more photo-realistic I would try blending your shading more to make it smoother, building up layers of graphite. But don't do that on the hair, or canadian maple will tell u off (as he did me!) :mrgreen:
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:36 am

<<

johnbriner

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:36 am

Hello, Mr. Ortiz. Your portrait of your daughter is so so adorable! I don't see any flaws on it. It's pretty darn nice-sweet work! By the way, you have a lovable daughter!
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Drawings