[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Dog and cat drawing finished
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dog and cat drawing finished

Moderator: duey

<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:55 am

Dog and cat drawing finished

Sorry, i had to start another thread. No one commented on my finished peice. I need feedback or I can't improve. Without feedback, we would all just keep drawing at the same level....correct?

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:27 am

Re: Dog and cat drawing finished

Hi Aj,
Sorry for not commenting on your finished piece, I thought I had, maybe it was a dream. :)
Anyway, great drawing, I know how hard it is to draw furry beasts.
You have managed to render the fur realistically, the proportions are good and the subjects are very cute.
There could be more contrast between the dark and light areas, but this could be the way the photo makes it show up.
But really I have nothing, critique wise, to improve it more than that.

Well done. =D>

<<

jazzman147

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 am

Really good drawing, the dog looks particularly good, you've caught it's character beautifully. The highlights in the dogs left eye could be lightened a bit, and the difference in contrast between the cats chin and body could be increased to increase definition. But this really is nitpicking also it could be the scanner isn't picking up the contrast adequately.

I only hope I can draw as good as that eventually.

Paul
<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 am

Some of the contrasts are indeed the scanner but yet there are some contrasts that are also my fault. I just ended up spending to much time on this piece. I'm trying to build a portfolio and am trying to produce at least one drawing every 2 weeks. I work full time so it gets difficult to do this. I am currently working on yet another swimsuit model now and should be done this week. Thanks for the comments and sorry for being so needy....lol.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Sorry aj i seem to have missed this also,Anyway this drawing is very good but should have been much darker,whole area around the kittens nose should be looked at including its mouth(yours is much thinner) and the whiskers are hardly visible.Nonetheless a fantastic effort for a really hard Drawing,so be very proud of your achievement =D>
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Nijinski

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 pm

A Brilliant drawing. Gives the impression of being soft focused (if that is the correct word!) and definately has the Aaah.... oh so cute factor. Well done =D>
<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Thanks for all the comments and areas to improve. I did scan another (didn't put it on here) and found I have to make a custom setting on my scanner. The actual drawing is much darker, honestly lol. I am slowly learning to go darker. The drawing I'm doing right now, I have went back 2 times and went darker....lol.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Realizing that you need to go darker is great... but if you can get there on the first go without going back multiple times to darken it will work a lot better. Don't be afraid to go bold on the darks.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09

Return to Drawings