[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Superman
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Superman

Moderator: duey

<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:08 am

Superman

Christopher Reeve - The one and only Superman. What do you think?

22"x28" strathmore illustration board, lots of graphite. maybe 8 hours

"Draw, draw, draw. Practice your drawings 20 hours a day"---"Commander" Mark Kistler
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Superman

Total quality =D>
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Brendan

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Fantastic ! =D>
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Why is the image so small?
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Can you follow the link the larger imageshack version. If that's not big enough do you guys want me to post a larger version?
"Draw, draw, draw. Practice your drawings 20 hours a day"---"Commander" Mark Kistler
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Really nice work. :)

<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:10 am

Amazing....how can this only take 8 hours? This would take me 30 hours....really...how do you do it?
<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:16 am

Its funny you say 30 hours and I think "what the heck would I do for 30 hours". I think I have been doing it long enough and have my drawing area setup. Also I don't use very many tools. I sort of have a routine down, where I always know what the next step is. A year or two ago when I really got back into drawing it was taking me like 12 hours a drawing but the more I do it the less I have to erase a part and do it again or keep going back and forth with tone in an area

What really saved me time on this one was establishing the dark value of his hair along the hairline. Normally what happens to me is I get the face to where I think it's good, then I do the hair and the face looks too light by contrast and I have to go back and reassert the darks and blend it back out. This is especially a problem with dark hair

I am rambling. But I hope someone can get something from it

I am thinking of drawing Eva Green next
<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:07 am

I guess my biggest downfall right now is drawing to light. I end up redrawing almost everything because i draw so stinking light. Every drawing I make myself draw darker, soon I will use nothing but a 9b....lol. 8 or 30 hours......your drawing is awesome keep it up!
<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:13 am

try identifying the few areas that are dead black and go to black with those areas, o mean seriously black, then blend out from there it will help you establish the full tonal range. and remember the skin tone almost never goes to full white except for maybe a couple highlights
<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks for the tip....I will put it to use next drawing!
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu May 05, 2011 5:27 am

It is really excellent and does show something I have huge problems with. I dont for the life of me understand how ppl can get values that dark with graphite. Maybe I just dont have enough strength in my wrist and fingers but my drawings never get darker than a darkish grey. :P
<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu May 05, 2011 8:52 am

high quality 9b

layer, blend, layer blend. repeat until black
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:27 pm

I like his dark hair and the light on his neck! Great drawing!
<<

dustboy76

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:44 pm

great work! captured his look - it's spot on!
http://dustboy76.deviantart.com/

Feel free to check out my drawings.
Next

Return to Drawings