[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Norton Commando update - WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Norton Commando update - WIP

Moderator: duey

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon May 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Re: Norton Commando update - WIP

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon May 30, 2011 8:59 pm

[quote="Brendan"]Great job on the metal and leather .. it looks fantastic.

Speaking of which ... I love the looks of the new Norton Commando :
Great drawing Brendan :lol:
I see all your dribble on the Commando,are they still made in England?
Reminds me of my first job when i left school '76,my old boss (RIP) had a serious passion for Vintage Cars and Bikes,he used to rebuild them,he was 'doing up' an old Ariel Motorbike,which he was so proud of,well i set fire to the dust-cloth one lunch break by chucking a cigarette end over a balcony onto his beloved machine...good job i smelt the smoke :shock:
<<

Brendan

Post Mon May 30, 2011 11:10 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon May 30, 2011 11:42 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Tue May 31, 2011 12:29 am

I thought you called it petrol ..
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue May 31, 2011 2:52 am

It looks great, i especially like the seat, great texture!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 am

<<

Nijinski

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue May 31, 2011 8:20 am

Thank you all for your comments.

Russ, I would love to hear what you have to say. I know that there are issues with this piece. (nevertheless, I am proud of what I have achieved in the few months that I have been a member of this forum).

It will not be perfect, I will have to invest in one of those eliptic templates that was mentioned. And, I can't enlarge the ref picture enough to see the detail in the engine block without losing the focus. So, anything that you or anyone else can see will be helpful to me. Being a blond/grey older female does not help either with the technical side of the subject. I have never been close to a bike in my life. That being said, after this piece I would not mind taking some of my own pictures.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm

And so you should be proud,it's fabulous,that's why i feel uneasy sticking my views to you,sometimes it can put people off and make it too daunting a job,on the other hand it can get people to look harder...no win situation i suppose.
Wheel spokes (wires) all in sets of fours.
Back suspension spring,too many coils.
Leg rest underneath the middle of bike should be closer to the back tyre.
Back numberplate needs dropping down,nearly in line with the mudguard touching the tyre.And keep the lines parallel.
Left-hand brake is too curved and should be closer to the handle.
And finally (for now) the headline lettering needs working on,look at the curve by the n,measure distances,and the aperture in the first o,make it the same as the second o.
Good luck and don't worry :D
<<

Nijinski

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue May 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Many thanks Russ, I appreciate your comments and though I cannot do much to it now they are thoughts to consider for my next project. I have managed, though not quite sure how to get the grafite well and truly on the paper and am unable to get it off. I have tried, if you look to the lettering on the tank below the seat, it is just shade and no highlight because I just cannot get the grafite to come off. If you have any ideas on that I would love to hear them. Thank you again, because without comments I most certainly would not be where I am now with my drawings.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue May 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Depends on the paper.
Putty Eraser,Blu Tack,Normal Rubber Eraser and an Electric Eraser (Derwent),I find they all work differently,some better than others.So far i have used three types of paper and one Bristol board and it's good to have an assortment.
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue May 31, 2011 10:26 pm

Fantastic Job! Pat on the back!
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
Previous