[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - The Learning Process
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Learning Process

Moderator: duey

<<

Grudge

Pro
Pro

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 am

The Learning Process

Hey guys! I recently found how well this blue prisma color pencil works for sketching out stuff. Its really fun to use! So to help keep my self drawing things. I wanted to start this sketchbook. It will be open to any constructive criticism you have for me. I will hoping to upload at LEAST(Hopfully more) One sketch every day or two.

Heres some sort of Face I came up with last night. 5-10minutes. Used pencil to darken it.
Attachments
sketch.jpeg
sketch.jpeg (14.55 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
Last edited by Grudge on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

StevoElSupremo

Pro
Pro

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: The Start of A Sketchbook

This looks awsome :D loooks like a Tat, I actually thought it was a sketch for one
<<

Grudge

Pro
Pro

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Thank you for your reply! haha. Well I'm only 16 and I think Minnesota passed a law that you have to be 18 or older to get a tattoo. I was thinking the same thing while I was drawing it.

Should have some more up later on today
<<

Grudge

Pro
Pro

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Heres another.. Along the same style as the one above. I just don't know what to add to this..
If anyone of you have ideas or anything that I should learn how to do for sketching. Please let me know! =D

<<

StevoElSupremo

Pro
Pro

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:09 pm

it would look better with some black like the first pic, I bet a jaw would give it a more grizly look as well :)
<<

Grudge

Pro
Pro

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Yeah I was thinking the samething about darkening it..

Im having troubles creating these sketches though because my mind wants them to look perfect. Like proportion wise and thats why I'm trying to stay away from a little bit.
Ill darken this one up a bit and hopefully upload a new one later tonight.
<<

Grudge

Pro
Pro

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Hey guys.. As you can see in the first sketch, there's a smaller sketch it..

Well here's that little sketch finished.

Heres a sketch of an unfinished drawing.. I'll be posting the finished one when Im done obviously hahaha

<<

Grudge

Pro
Pro

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:11 am

Heres the finished piece of the outline from above post.

Let me know what you think of this one.. I don't really know why i darkened the background.. I don't think it added anything to the drawing. Sorry for image quality.. My camera phone sucks :evil:
<<

StevoElSupremo

Pro
Pro

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: The Learning Process

ever played Mass effect two? these pictures remind me of the "husk" creatures! thats what it is lmao been trying to figure out whta those reminded me of.
<<

Grudge

Pro
Pro

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: The Learning Process

I have not heard of it. hahaha.

Thank you though. I think I'm starting to find a good style I'm good at.
I work today so there might not be an update to this today. But hopefully =D

Thanks for all your feedback.

Return to Drawings