[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Christina Ricci "finished" (17-03-11)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Christina Ricci "finished" (17-03-11)

Moderator: duey

<<

It's Me

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:36 am

Christina Ricci "finished" (17-03-11)

here my 2nd drawing in progres, Christina Ricci (wednesday addams).
the help i need is, i need to now is how dark to go i know i need to go darker
(scared to ruin it) but do you always exactly go as dark as the picture?
thank you! (sorry for bad picture)

well don't know i can call it finished, more like i gave up on it :(.
as you see i don't really get the principals of blending yet.
stil needs work on the body(and the background on the left side of the body is to dark).
so i'll still need to do some work on it at one point.
and ofcourse all hits and tips (and critics!) are welkom.
(sorry again for the dark pic, don't have a scanner)

Last edited by It's Me on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 am

Re: Christina Ricci WIP (help needed)

Entirely up to you what you do,but if you want to copy what you see then it's a must,I would go dark :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 am

I think your start looks pretty good.
I know your problem with going dark. It is scarry, because once you try to really darken an area, you can't really go back and erase it.
But when you want to improve and to create a realistic style you need to do the step.
Even when you might make an mistake and ruin a part of the drawing....it is an learning process.

Start with small things in her face. Like the nares, when that worked move on to her eyes and eyebrows. And then you can start with the big dark parts, like the shadows and her hair.

I wish you luck and a lot of patience, it is an important step. :)
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi,
If it helps use a grey scale to gauge how dark you need to go, just place it next to the section on the ref that you are drawing.
And compare to what you have done.

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Darker! ya have to go darker if you want it to look like the photo.If its black then make it black. Just like Larc-Romeo chart. Dont be scared to go dark.You can do this!
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

Gragg

Pro
Pro

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Looks like a great start, but I agree with everyone, MUST GO DARKER!!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: Christina Ricci "finished" (17-03-11)

Definite improvement,keep working on it,it's nearly finished now
:D
<<

It's Me

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:17 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:03 pm

<<

renkai

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:39 pm

You did a great job with this! I agree with the others - don't be afraid to go darker.
<<

It's Me

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:01 am

you are seing the same picture as me? i still need to go darker on this? #-o

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:41 am

Unless you PC setting are wildly different than all of ours....go DARKER,now is the time to be using the bottom two shades in Carls Silhouette chart
<<

It's Me

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 am

thank you for your patiens with me Russ, =D>
i'm just a verry insecure newbie.
will go darker again [-o<
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:35 am

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:52 pm

good job :D
my da

Return to Drawings