[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - girl with feather
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

girl with feather

Moderator: duey

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:15 pm

girl with feather

This is a drawing out of my head. My idea was to practise dark hair, i think it is one of the most difficult things to draw.
Well, and this (indian) girl came out. I looked sometimes at different portrait while drawing, to reach this level of realism.

Sadly this is my only work for the last few weeks, just haden't the time to draw.

I am very satiesfied with the shading....not so much with the hair.... :wink: Next time i will take a clear photo for practising dark hair.

I would appreciate your feedback a lot! :D

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Re: girl with feather

I would say that you've done a very good job in all aspects of what you are trying to achieve,If this is from your head and not copied,then i would say, this is a fantastic achievement,and you clearly know what you are doing =D>
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

FlawlessEnvy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:48 pm

the shading on the face and tonal features are great. Just watch proportions, even if it is from your head. But since you were aiming for a dark hair style, try shading hair in blocks. Find an area where you want a similar tone and do it as one big area instead of trying to draw each individual hair. Also dont forget to shade where the hair meets the skin, it will keep it from looking flat and random. Try that and try using a kneaded eraser more to bring out lighter tones. Overall good job, I know how being busy can affect your drawing time but keep at it! youre on the right path!
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:56 pm

You will never guess who this reminds me of.....you give up? Angelina :D
I cant get her out of my head either dude.

But seriously, Great work with no ref.
I would echo the thoughts of Flawless on the hairline shading, and the hair comments.
But really, you have to find more time to draw, looking forward to seeing more. :)

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:29 pm

<<

FlawlessEnvy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:21 pm

its kind of in blocks, you're right, but there still is that look of drawing individual hairs. There is just something that is bothering me about the hair and I can't figure it out, it just looks odd to me for some reason....Oh i think i have figured it out. Its the very top of her head. I think the parting of the hair goes up too high. as in youre showing too much of the top of her head. the drawing looks like a profile view of her face, yet you can see the top of her head. which is throwing things off for me i think. I'm almost positive that it will look 200 times better if you erased down to her fore head leaving just a bit of hair.

Edit: And her eye should be located more to the center of the face. the inner part of the eye should not go past the nostrils.

You're welcome for the comments, i just hope i am helping you.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Ahhhh....Flawlesss is right about the seeing the top of the head thing, I knew there was somthing not quite right. well spotted.
Still a great drawing though. :)

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:11 am

<<

renkai

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:20 am

fantastic job - great darks in there. I like lots of bold contrast. Hair is great - drawing is great!
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:22 pm

just realised the feathers texture is amazing such good contrasts
my da
<<

Gragg

Pro
Pro