[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Cara con detalle (update 10/24)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cara con detalle (update 10/24)

Moderator: duey

<<

paulsac

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Cara con detalle (update 10/24)

ahh i know what you mean. i started a drawing for my sister and her (then) fiancee over a year ago. it's almost completely done, but that last push just never happened yet. probably an hour or two left to finish it...
<<

paulsac

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 pm

hi everyone, it's been a while. new job, new home, now it's time to pick up where i left off!

here's where i'm at (scanned!):

Uploaded with

and here's a closer up view:
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat May 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Good to see you back,and with an outstanding update...which gets me thinking about close-ups,because of my eye disabilities,i view things in a soft focus (short-sighted)..which makes things looks fairly pleasant in a day to day aspect,when you see things under a microscope...reality kicks in, and where magazines have worked the air-brushing techniques to the detriment of normal/plain male/females and make them/us feel worse.I'm all for promoting reality,your update shows superb fine detail (the way it should for art sake).
Thoughts anyone?
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat May 07, 2011 9:25 pm

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun May 08, 2011 2:10 am

Damn, this is stunning! :D
Weirdly i like especially the shading and texture of her cheek, so realistic. But the eye and every other inche is fantastic too!
<<

paulsac

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun May 08, 2011 8:42 am

thank you!

it's amazing that you mentioned beauty at all, let alone the shallow nature of it. The purpose of the piece will ultimately attempt to demonstrate that very idea. I plan on finishing only a bit more of the face (brow to lower cheeks/bottom of the nose). at the edges, the skin blemishes will disappear and the texture will (hopefully) resemble porcelain, which will be cracking and chipping. i'm also toying with the idea of drawing small people in various symbolic poses surrounding the face. for example, one might be on a ladder attempting to patch and repair the breaking porcelain. or i could have a flower behind the porcelain mask. any suggestions? i don't want it to come out cheesy.

thanks again, and good to be back!
<<

StevoElSupremo

Pro
Pro

Post Sun May 08, 2011 10:24 am

Damn man this is looking amazing!! keep it up!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun May 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
Previous

Return to Drawings