[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Cara con detalle (update 10/24)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cara con detalle (update 10/24)

Moderator: duey

<<

paulsac

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Cara con detalle (update 10/24)

14" x 17" paper size
Bristol Vellum

i'm not sure how to accomplish skin texture at this scale. i've tried blending a mid H as a base including large-area shading variations, then adding patterns of HB over for skin texture. i did this so far only for that small section by the bridge of the nose. it seems to be working ok so far.

Uploaded with

Last edited by paulsac on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

gerrard08

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Cara con detalle

whuuuuutttt. this looks awesome :|
<<

MadisE

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Totally amazing. If you keep this up it's gonna be nuts! :D
<<

paulsac

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 pm

thanks so much--
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:05 pm

paulsac,how do you achieve the dimensions? This is really good... :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:12 pm

I'm very impressed with what you've done so far, wish I could see it closer though.
I'm new to drawing so dont really understand about how to get skin texture yet.
But what your doing seems to be working, keep up the good work. :)

<<

paulsac

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Cara con detalle (update 10/24)

Thanks Russ and Larc-Romeo. I've been trying things out for the skin... what has been working the best so far is this:
1) very light and smooth base shade
2) go over this with a slight gradient shade while missing major changes (like hairs), blend this too
3) make a sort of blotchy pattern with an eraser stick refill and a pencil, as well as add in pores and freckles

i think this would only work on a large drawing because the average tone from viewing distance still appears smooth, but with a good texture. we'll see i guess...
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Coming along nicely, and thx for the advice. :)

<<

SoarnEagle

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Awesome work Paulsac

I'm looking forward to an update.. It would be terrific if you would do a tutorial that explains what you are doing in a little more detail.. Would sure help us neophites to drawing..

David

Make the most of everyday.. you don't know what tomorrow will bring!
<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 am

Uhhh it's getting extremely awesome, :D
<<

i prefer nintendo 2 girls

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Cant wait for an update, dont worry about the size remember to work on a small area at a time and take your time. This will have the WOW factor im sure, great work
David.
<<

lee-uk

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Are you using a microscope :lol:

Interested in how many hours to get to this stage?
<<

paulsac

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:53 pm

thank you so much everybody.

lee-uk: total time so far is an estimated 30 hours, although it's hard to say because it's comprised of many 2-5 hour chunks.

David: i'll try to document the methods i use, but it's also a learning experience for me. the biggest thing i'm getting from this is that i have to find excitement in each small part, at this scale. like nintendo said, it just takes a lot of time. i get lost in a small feature for a while and then when i'm done with it, i step back and check to see if what i did worked from a viewing distance too.

thanks again for the kind remarks everyone...
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:50 pm

It's all about concentration levels,I seem only able to last about 30 mins a time and move away...I seem to enjoy plotting at the start and the final realisation that I've finished,but always struggle with the large middle part :roll:
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

lee-uk

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:42 pm

It truly is about patience i know armin mersmann took 1200 hrs to do his "Beyond Pale" which can be seen on his website.

I just don't think i would be able to keep the enthusiasm for that long,he did state it was "brutal" which to me sounds like it became a chore,i have a thing about finishing a piece i dont know what it is when i have about 4 hrs to finish a drawing it tends to take me ages's to finish think i need therapy :cry:
Next

Return to Drawings