[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - couple
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

couple

Moderator: duey

<<

Trypad

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:29 pm

couple

Here's a couple of drawings I'm working on. Sorry for the poor picture quality, but they drawings are at work and I took the pictures from my cell phone. =(

Ive been using different tones, it makes it so much more fun =)

This first one is of a co-workers dog. She is always telling me how well I draw, in which case I chuckle and say "You should see this site and all the other people" =). But I drew up one for her.

This one is of Mister Snipes, been working on it here and there.

And finally this is a pic of where i do most of my drawing for now. =)

"Something has to change.
Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
Anyone should bear." ~TOOL
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:41 pm

Both of your new drawings look great. The Wesley Snipes one looks very realistic. I'm sure your co worker will really like the dog drawing also. Your workspace looks sort of cramped :) Is that a drafting table right next to your computer table?
<<

Trypad

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:47 pm

I truly wish it was.....sadly though it is just the left side of my cramp desk at work. I leave it open for drawing and such =). The other side is work and food.... =)

I'm going to build a table at home though or I may just purchase one. How did you obtain yours?
Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:10 pm

Yeah I used to do the same thing, have a cramped workspace like that. Then I figured I was drawing so much I might as well buy a proper drawing table. I bought mine from Office Depot actually and I only paid like $40 for it. This was a couple years ago. I had to put it together and everything and it's defenitely not the best table in the world but it's not bad either for only $40. So you might want to check them out if you want a cheap drawing table for your house. I love having the extra room now to work.
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:11 pm

Those are both great drawings. When you drew the dog, did you do any blending ? or is all the fur individual hairs ?
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:23 pm

The Wesley Snipes drawing is good. Can't wait to see the finished product. As for the dog drawing..i can't see well due to the size. Can you post a bigger size of this?
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Trypad

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:43 pm

Thanks guys. =)

Brian, I just might do that, that would save me the time of building one from scratch. Plus a desk is a desk...I would love to have a pit more open space to work in. =) Also, what type of lighting do you use when you draw? I love natural, but when I am going to draw at night I have found that if I don't find the exact angle its hard to see parts of the drawing due to the amounts of graphite on the paper.

Brenden, the dog hair is a little bit of both. I have blended the head and nose area several times now, making some areas darker and darker. His legs are are just all blend. The cell phone picture I think does the drawing more justice than it really has.

Straycat, I will take a better picture when I get home. I could enlarge the image here, but you would see pixels and such. I will update it before school =).
Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:58 pm

<<

Trypad

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:16 pm

better picture of the dog, i need to do a lot with the upper part of his head, any other suggestions would be great. =)

Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:38 am

<<

Trypad

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:17 am

Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:27 am

<<

Trypad

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:42 am

Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:37 am

Last edited by straycat on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<<

cold shiva

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:13 am

Next

Return to Drawings