FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Beginner Face Drawing

Moderator: duey

<<

GOOGIE

Brand New Member

Post Sat May 25, 2013 12:26 am

Beginner Face Drawing

My first face drawing, not the best, critics welcomed. I dont have a scanner so I just took a picture of it....

Many Thanks...

GOOGIE.
<<

SiegetheSketch

Brand New Member

Post Sat May 25, 2013 12:40 pm

Re: Beginner Face Drawing

Not bad for a beginner. Your proportions are a off slightly. The eyes are bit large and the top of the head needs to be extended up. A good rule of thumb is the head is 5 eyes wide (basically can fit 5 eyes side by side) and the eyes are located directly in the center of the head vertically. So if you were to started out with an oval shape, you would draw a horizontal through the middle, then divide that line into fifths. The second and forth division would be where the eyes go. The top of the oval is the top of the head. It'll look a bit "alien" at first but once you draw everything in including the hair, it'll come together.
Hope that helps,
C.J.
<<

segagenesis

Post Mon May 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Don't in anyway take this as an insult, but it's very cartoonish. It's not bad, it looks like a certain style that might be found in a cartoon or a childrens book or something like that. I can kind of imagine her having a smaller body and being coloured very vividly. I may have missed the mark though. xD

Anyway, lovely, thank you for sharing.
<<

KillaYukon

Pro
Pro

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:00 am

Nicee.
my only thoughts are u should darken everything not just eyes really make it pop of page.
this might help you, its what the others are talking about. keep at it.
<<

sarahgren88

Brand New Member

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 am

Hi Googie! If this is your first face drawing then congratulations! You made it awesome. However, you may have to look @ http://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-lessons/Artists/Dan-Nelson/Dan-Nelson-How-to-Draw-Eyes.html. Hope this will help you to draw the perfect face.

Return to Drawings