FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need motivation/inspiration to draw

Moderator: duey

<<

someguy543

Brand New Member

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:48 am

Need motivation/inspiration to draw

Hello, I'm new to these forums and decided to post this here, if this is the wrong section I apologize.

I really need motivation to draw.

Before, when I was a kid, I used to draw alot. I had fun, and my mom told me that my drawings were nice.
Over the years my motivation to draw has slowly become less and less no matter how much I tried to inspire myself to draw.
At this point in time, I no longer have any interest to draw. One reason is probably that I lack motivation and another might be that I'm too self - critical.

Anyway, this summer break my mom expects / wants me to start drawing again because she saw all the "how to draw" books that I bought but never used.
I don't want to disappoint her or say "no" so I tried again. It's already been a few days and I'm getting tired of forcing myself.

I seriously need motivation. I want to draw because it would be fun but every time I pick up paper and pencil I get that feeling that I dont want to anymore.

I do however have more interest in drawing on the computer with stuff like Adobe Illustrator but its quite hard to do with a mouse.
Also, if I do get my mom to buy a drawing tablet, I'm afraid that I'll give up too easily.

TL;DR: Need inspiration to start drawing again.
<<

genmaes

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Need motivation/inspiration to draw

If you are not really into drawing now it is dificult that something that we could say could help you.

If you want to draw first thing is to draw what you like, try things not too dificult just to recover motivation. I am a very unconstant drawer, I draw a lot for a time and the a year off. Now I'm drawing again a lot but in the future who knows.
<<

CaraT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 pm

I lack a lot of motivation to draw as well. it's hard to find time to do the things we love in such a busy world, but i do find that this forum and other drawing websites like deviantart usually inspire me.
try doing "a sketch a day", taking 5 minutes a day to doodle something in your sketchbook. maybe you'll come up with a cool idea that's worth pursuing further!
<<

sarahgren88

Brand New Member

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 am

Most of the people get demotivated when their drawing doesn't turn out the way they wanted. It's important that you take small steps and not start with something challenging to begin with.

I Agree with Carat's words. You should try sketching. Its easy, fun and also motivates to draw something new. To get an idea what to draw, check out http://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-lessons/videoSearch.html and search for sketch, this will list several videos. And I'm sure, you'll love drawing again.
<<

Darthcrane

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Take a pencil and some paper, and try to put down something you like, doesn't matter the result. Then look at it and see which parts need to be worked on and then focus on those parts... that's how I do it. :) And like somebody said before, try at least to dedicate a couple of minutes a day...
<<

rob12770

Brand New Member

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:00 am

Drawing is Cleary not a hobby for you.

Return to Drawings