[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Commision Baby Portrait WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Commision Baby Portrait WIP

Moderator: duey

<<

BrookeNorrisArt

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 am

Commision Baby Portrait WIP

Well I have been reading tutorials made by Duey and I have used alot of his tips in this new drawing. It's basically finished except for his overalls but if you guys have anymore ideas for me that would be great! This is a commission piece, 8 by 10 is the actual drawing size but paper is 11 by 14. I used Strathmore Bristol and Stadtler mars lumograph graphite pencils, blending stumps,kneaded eraser, reference photo from customer. Thanks guys!

Reference photo:
Facebook:

DeviantArt:
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: Commision Baby Portrait WIP

Considering how out of focus the ref is...Bloody well done you!!
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 am

The reference photo is really marginal. But i think you did a good job. The only thing i want to mention is, that to me the black space between his lips seems to be a little bigger and more round on the reference.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Nice work Brooke. :)

<<

BrookeNorrisArt

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Here's the finished piece!

Facebook:

DeviantArt:
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:15 pm

A good effort Brooke.

the tag on his dungarees over his ear looks wrong and affects the overall result for me. To amend this you should either even up the tone of the tag like the refernce, or it might be an idea to try and remove it and draw his ear instead? Well done and good luck.
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:26 am

nicely done considering the blurness of the reference photo,,agree with xartist with the space on his mouth
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you

Return to Drawings