[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - an arab woman - myself as the reference (repost)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

an arab woman - myself as the reference (repost)

Moderator: duey

<<

CaraT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:40 pm

an arab woman - myself as the reference (repost)

HI GUYS:)
so this is a self portrait that could be interpreted in a few different ways. i was going to do a series with myself as the subject dressed as different characters... needless to say i only completed the one portrait.
i posted this along with a few other drawings a couple of weeks ago but i decided to post it by itself to hear comments/feedback.
feel free to comment anything at all!!!!

<<

BrookeNorrisArt

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 am

Re: an arab woman - myself as the reference (repost)

This is great, the eyes are very realistic and the folds in the clothing look really nice!
Facebook:

DeviantArt:
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:37 pm

Agree with Brooke, Shame that a religion needs to cover up beauty..really don't understand why. Artwork is great Cara.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Yes, this is a great piece. Nciely drawn.
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 am

face is nicely done in details,,smooth shading,,but as it goes down the face cover it is turning to be just lines insted of bein all smooth shading to create the fabric loox as it is areound the noce and above the eyes,,,nice drawing however
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you
<<

PencilPusher

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 pm

I agree with the others, very nicely done. I can see this on a larger scale in a rectangular format that really focuses on the eyes. There is a New Mexico based artist named Dino Cornay who did a piece called "Memerized" where he adds an element of color. I've thought about a subtle coloring of the iris, something that really draws the viewers eyes. Steve McCurry's photo "The Afghan Girl", I find myself drawn to her green eyes. I think it would be neat to do a series of this drawing where you "age" yourself, progressively adding wrinkles and skin texture with each drawing. Or a series that conveys different emotions/mind sets with only the eyes.
<<

CaraT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Return to Drawings