[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Drawing style development
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drawing style development

Moderator: duey

<<

tostra

Brand New Member

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:11 am

Drawing style development

This is my second post in this forum, and it´s going to be a long one. I´m Tauno Ostra, in Estonia, student. Have been drawing since kindergarten, more seriously in Tallinn University (art institution) - almost 2 years now + painting. But enough about me.

So, here´s the thing, lately I´ve gotten tired of the classical sketching way. I still do that with harder poses to train my eye.

-just for show.

Now I think I´ve found my own style of drawing figures.

These are the ones I was not sure what I was doing, but had a lot of fun doing these. The next ones are the latest and I´m pretty pleased with these ones.

I´m not drawing likeness, I think the button-eyes are fast and simple (like pupils - big eyes for frightened and scared etc) and a circle around the eye can show whatever the figure is feeling, so I draw the nose lenght and mouth corners according to the angle. Usually not finishing the other eye. Trying to lift the pen up as little as i can to make the lines flow and connect with other colors. Using shading to make the figure come to life, but not shading the whole figure (now). With this kind of sketching the mistakes doesnt matter, there are no mistakes, only lines.

It, is influenced a lot by the drawings of Egon Schiele.

Thanks alot,
Tauno Ostra
My work available -
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: Drawing style development

Tostra- I like the loose style employed here. I prefer the first three photos you posted of your earlier works. But that is just my personal preference. It is all very well drawn and a unique style.
Keep it up and keep showing us your work.

Mark
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

CaraT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: Drawing style development

i love your style - so loose and accurate at the same time. really beautiful
<<

paola