[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - when we were young - generation portrait
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

when we were young - generation portrait

Moderator: duey

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:54 am

when we were young - generation portrait

"When we were young"

The project "When we were young" is a very personal drawing.
It is a portrait of a generation and shows my grandmother, my mother and myself in the same age, this is why it got this title..
My grandmother turned 75, the drawing was her birthday present.

We are on the drawing, all early 20's, I will not say who is who, but who has seen one of my other self-portraits can probably tell who I am.
My grandmother and my mother were moved to tears, as my grandmother had unpacked the gift, so I got the response that I've wished for. :-)

The size of the drawing is 45 x 65 cm, in that size I've rarely drawn before. And it looks a lot better in the original, the scan does not do justice to the real drawing
The photos on which I based the drawing were only passport photo size.
I've spend on the drawing about 40 hours.

Your feedback is much appreciated and please watch in full size!

<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: when we were young - generation portrait

very nice drawing, dont even wanna try to go thru and look for something what may be a bit wrong in any way,,it is way too perfect
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you
<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Beautiful drawing and so sweet. :)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Agree with stanya and Tanner,It's not a drawing to pass judgement,something that has to be appreciated =D>
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:10 am

<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Don't mean to harm you
<<

Juan Bad Man

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Wow Stanya, your work is incredible! Amazing stuff! :D
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Great work again Xartist. :)

<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Don't mean to harm you
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:21 am

<<

BrookeNorrisArt

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 am

Really great stuff its beautifully done.
Facebook:

DeviantArt:

Return to Drawings