[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Brandon Pilcher's Dinosaurs, Fantasy, and Sexy Ladies
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Brandon Pilcher's Dinosaurs, Fantasy, and Sexy Ladies

Moderator: duey

<<

BrandonSPilcher

Brand New Member

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Brandon Pilcher's Dinosaurs, Fantasy, and Sexy Ladies

I have loved to draw ever since I was five years old (I'm almost 23 as I type this OP). My favorite subject matter are dinosaurs, fantasy and historical characters, and nubile women. Unfortunately, as much as I enjoy my hobby, I cannot shake off the sentiment that I suck at it. Laypeople normally enjoy my drawings, but professional artists who know their craft tend to have a more critical attitude, even going so far as to say that I lack basic drawing skills. I suspect they are right and that I am doing a bunch of things wrong, but don't know what those mistakes are and how to stop making them.

Anyway, here's a sample of my most recent work; honest critiques appreciated:

Jungle Huntress

Jesus Christ, the female Egyptian Pharaoh Hatshepsut, and a Tyrannosaurus rex

Hatshepsut again

Tyrannosaurus rex ready for a nap

Julius Caesar with Cleopatra VII

Hebrew warrior with Egyptian Pharaoh

Triceratops horridus
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Re: Brandon Pilcher's Dinosaurs, Fantasy, and Sexy Ladies

Hi Brandon,they have a naive charm,I like the style,wont take much to make you better..whether you really want to is your choice :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

BrandonSPilcher

Brand New Member

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 pm

<<

nonstoptaxi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:00 pm

...nothing wrong with big big booties! As for improving, as long as u enjoy it that is the key thing before everything else. I'd rather draw poorly and love the process than draw well but hate the process! :mrgreen:
<<

BrandonSPilcher

Brand New Member

Post Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:13 am

<<

BrandonSPilcher

Brand New Member

Post Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:40 am

Hatshepsut X Alexander the Great

The Egyptian Pharaoh Hatshepsut and the Macedonian conqueror Alexander the Great may have lived centuries apart, but little things like chronological accuracy need not get in the way of a good interracial shipping. This also marks the second time I've drawn Hatshepsut from behind.
<<

BrandonSPilcher

Brand New Member

Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:16 am

Another female Pharaoh’s portrait, this time a side view. I understand that I've done a lot of female Pharaoh drawings lately, but I wanted to experiment with a different angle and inking technique. Plus, ages must have passed since I last colored any drawing.

This isn't meant to represent any particular individual from real ancient Egyptian or Nubian history, but she can if you want to.
<<

DanWoodier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:48 pm

To be honest, from what you've said so far this is a hobby to you, something in which you find fun and enjoyable! You shouldn't feel like you have to improve because people are whinging at you! If you would like to progress this is the perfect place to start, however if you're happy with your hobby and your talent so far then just do what feels right!
There are far too many different aspects of art, these pictures look more along the lines of illustrations to be found in books which is never a bad thing!

If you want a quick tip on how to help make them a little smoother I suggest using an ear cleaner (q-tip) and gently rub it over the drawing to smoothen things out, either that or you can buy blending knubs from any art shop for cheap! Also paper is just as important as the drawing, papers come in different texts and can really benefit you! I hope this helped, keep having fun!
Treat others as you'd wish to be treated.
<<

BrandonSPilcher

Brand New Member

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 am

Sorry I haven't revisited this board in a long time, but I'm still drawing as always. Lately I have been playing with a set of Copic markers I bought over a year ago but never got around to putting to good use until now. Here's some of what I've produced with them:

This is supposed to be a dragon, but his design was influenced by dinosaurs and modern-day reptiles. He doesn't breathe fire though, as that would singe his mouth!

Spinosaurus, the largest theropod ever found, which probably ate mostly fish and smaller dinosaurs

Obese, cartoon-style Triceratops who has eaten too much jungle undergrowth

The female Egyptian Pharaoh Hatshepsut (one of my major muses just in case you haven't already noticed) hangs out with her Hebrew slave Mikha'El

This woman's headdress was based off Nefertiti, but the facial features were drawn using an online photo of some pretty Congolese lady as a reference. It's meant to represent Nefertiti's as-yet unknown mother.

Pharaoh Hatshepsut again, this time looking peeved in her palace
<<

LARSMUR

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:56 am

I can't see any of the drawings - anyone having the same problem? Maybe it's just my browser? Using chrome here :)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

CaraT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 pm

I really like these cartoon drawings. I envy your ability to create images from your mind! I always have to use some kind of reference photo when I draw, so this type of work always amazes me. Like others have mentioned before, don't feel pressured to change your style. Your art is definitely well respected! Great job.

Return to Drawings