[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Carole Bouquet
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Carole Bouquet

Moderator: duey

<<

MichaelN

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Carole Bouquet

French actress and fashion model, Carole Bouquet. Believe the reference photograph might be a publicity photo for the James Bond film "For Your Eyes Only", which would have made Ms. Bouquet about 24 at the time.

Bristol (smooth)
2B, 4B, 7B, HB, 2H graphite pencils
Kneaded eraser
Tortillons, Q-tips and tissue

Thank you for looking and for your comments.

Mike

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Carole Bouquet

Michael,what can i say... =D>
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:07 pm

There is a spot on her nose, which bothers the eye,
above her right nostril (or is that just a mole). And the shadow is also too hard, too dark on the side of the nose, right side .
Look at her neck shadow, it's too dark too unnatural, doesn't really follow her neck curvature. Good work overall, but some contrast
and value studies could help you in your further work. Mostly the problem here with a realistic pencil copy renderers,
is that they want to draw "exactly" what they see, without knowing the basics of values,
contrast, perspective, proportion and so on. This is same as knitting. You are trying to perform a planned
in forth act on your own way. But it's impossible to do it on your own way cause it's already planned,
and it's already made. Your pencil renders are great don't get me wrong, but you will still have to
go back to the basics and to learn some basics. No matter how stupid that sounds, but it's like that.
Just trying to help in your improvements. Be good and take care.
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Back in your cage Plissken :roll:
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

MichaelN

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:58 pm

Thanks, Russ. :D

Plissken, No, Ms. Bouquet doesn't have any moles (at least not on her face :lol: ). I guess what you are seeing is a shadow/value change
I failed to render convincingly. Thanks for your suggestions and comments. :)

Mike

<<

paola

Pro
Pro

Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi Mike.
I think this is excellent!
I´m not that good in drawing to give any professional advices but I think the hair could be more defined... other than that it looks very good to me :-)
<<

Maky

Amateur
Amateur

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 am

It's stunning as far as I'm concerned. I love it and would be happy to give it a good home.
I do agree with Plisken on the neck shadow. It's a little harsh in tone in comparison to the rest. I wouldn't have noticed it without plisken mentioning it as I'm a newb. I'm learning a lot from comments like what Plisken gives.
But I learn 10x more looking at how you done such a good job on this pic.
Could you perhaps post the reference photo please so I can compare?
<<

MichaelN

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Paola, thank you very much.

Maky...thank you. I appreciate that. I always like to hear and value people's opinions and critiques, even if they do come
across as a bit patronizing and condescending as with Plisken. Once I finished this, I was so sick of looking at the photo reference
that I deleted it off my hard-drive. Do a Google image search for Carole Bouquet and you'll find it. If not, let me
know and I'll upload it again. I look forward to seeing some of your work. :D

Mike

<<

Maky

Amateur
Amateur

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:45 pm

I have just received my new drawing equipment today. I will start drawing soon. I doubt you will be impressed by my offerings. I don't have a good way of uploading them anyway. All I have is a 3 mega pixel camera :(

Return to Drawings