[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - MY FIRST PASTEL
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MY FIRST PASTEL

Moderator: duey

<<

paola

Pro
Pro

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:10 pm

MY FIRST PASTEL

Hi, since the pastel forum is not visited very frequently, I rather uploaded the drawing here.
It´s my first pastel drawing and I would like to get some advices from you...

The first problem I have is that after I have drawn some part of the picture with pastel, when I start drawing another part with other colors the dust from these colors gets into places I have drawn before and it destroys the picture. :x Is there anything I could do with that? I´m not a fan of fixative though, I heard it changes the drawing when you spray it over. So I´d like to know if there´s anything else to prevent this although I can´t imagine what it could be.

And the second thing that´s been bothering me is that I don´t think I have a good grasp of color-mixing . Every color I get is a result of experimenting rather than of knowing what I´m doing. So I´d appreciate any tips or references on any tutorials teaching how to understand color if you know about some.

Thanks in advance. Enjoy the picture and let me know what you think.

<<

ramtin021

Amateur
Amateur

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: MY FIRST PASTEL

wow . its very good ! & wonderful color . well done
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 pm