[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Drawing artist needed! (tattoo stuff)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drawing artist needed! (tattoo stuff)

Moderator: duey

<<

mikealicious

Brand New Member

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Drawing artist needed! (tattoo stuff)

First off, let me introduce myself since I'm new here. My name is Mike. I'm 24 years old, and live in the Bay area of California. I used to draw a lot when I was younger, but working full time and doing the family thing now have made it hard for me to dedicate myself to drawing. Not having the time to be able to sit down and draw, for quite some time now, has lead me to lose some of my skills as an artist (not that I had a lot to begin with. lol). Anywho, I joined this site in hopes of accomplishing two things:

1) To hone in on, and unleash my drawing potential again. Bringing back that desire to make time to get to the drawing board (pun intended).

2) To have assistance creating the tattoo I'd like to dedicate to my father.

I'm looking to turn my current shoulder tattoo into a half sleeve.

my old man is a firefighter, and not to sound corny or anything, but he really is my hero. been there for me when I needed him most. He's been a firefighter for almost 30 years now, saving many lives, and doing a lot for the community/country. He's received numerous awards for things he's done, as well as a certificate/award from the senate for his work he did aiding after the 9/11 attacks. He was sent to NY 3 days after the twin towers collapsed, and spent 3 weeks there, digging through rubble, pulling out bodies and what not.

when I was 18, him and I both got matching tattoo's (pictured below). It was both of our's first tattoo. The 243 on the left is his badge number, and the 343 on the right obviously represents the number of firefighters that died in the attack. He's getting ready to retire soon, and I've been wanting a half sleeve, so I thought I'd turn the one I have now into a half sleeve.

I thought about doing a helmet/mask with the twin towers or something like that in the reflection. I want the mask to look kind of "badass" or "tough" if you will.

Found this mask doing a quick google search that basically shows what I'm looking for.

I'm open to any/all designs, and wouldn't mind at all paying you for your time. I want something fairly intricate, and am looking for ideas on how to tie it to the shoulder tattoo. Any ideas you have, or drawings you could come up with would be greatly appreciated.
<<

mikealicious

Brand New Member

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Drawing artist needed! (tattoo stuff)

no one? :(
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 pm

hi,,i would be up to it,,my only problem is,,that i dont have too much time to sit down anytime and draw,,so i will ty to get something on paper but it will take little while....and let me just get it rite,,u want only the mask or helmet for your dad and a full sleeve for yourself? or it is that mask which is combined in the full sleeve tattoo and it will be for both of u?
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you
<<

mikealicious

Brand New Member

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:59 pm

awesome. thank you!

and sorry for the confusion. The tattoo is for me only. The mask/helmet would be going right below the crossed axes, turning my shoulder tattoo into a half sleeve. I'd have it stop just above where the elbow bends, which happens to be where the picture stops at of my dad and I, if that makes sense.

and no worries on it taking some time. I wasn't planning on getting this done for at least a month or two.

I'm just having a hard time finding a "badass" looking mask. Figured there's a lot of talented people on here, so what better place to look for assitance.
<<

mikealicious

Brand New Member

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Oh. and you don't need to draw that axe or door jam behind the helmet since I already have the axes above.

I'm open to whatever you'd like to add in for fillers though. Since I was going to put the twin towers in the reflection of the mask, I was thinking maybe like a "we will never forget" or "9/11/01" in like an old fashion ribbon or something.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Mike,please forgive us,we get many requests for tattoos,all ignored.I've let this run (in my mind) to see if you came back,Firstly,Great respect for your dad (and all the other associated) really cannot comprehend the actual facts.Let's see how this pans out first...then put it to a broader field.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

mikealicious

Brand New Member

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:10 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:15 am

<<

mikealicious

Brand New Member

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 pm

<<

mikealicious

Brand New Member

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:18 pm

so this is what's been drawn so far. I like it a lot. most likely going to get it done next month.

I was wondering if you guys could still help me out though. I'm still stuck on if I should do smoke or fire, going around/behind the mask. Everything will be black/grey/white except for what's in the visor, which will be in color. My concerns with flames:

1. will look too "cartoonish"/cheesy.
2. won't look good in black/grey
3. won't transition well into the smoke which I currently have on my shoulder.

Now I did have a thought though. I could start with flames on the bottom, and have them turn into smoke, so it transitions into the smoke I have on my shoulder. Could someone draw something like that for me?

and as for the badge on the helmet, could someone help me with the shading. I wanna do sort of a "rustic" type look on the fittings/badge itself.
<<

mikealicious

Brand New Member

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 pm

anyone? I'm getting it done next sat (dec 8th), and would like to have something to show the tattoo artist if possible.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Return to Drawings