[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - need help with finishing this!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

need help with finishing this!

Moderator: duey

<<

BabyGuz

Brand New Member

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:25 am

need help with finishing this!

i took a long break from drawing, and this is my biggest drawing since i started and i got this far with it, and dont know where to go with it from here..i just stare at it for hours thinking should i do this should i do that.

i have never really colored in one of my big drawings.. i think because i was always scared to ruin my hard work with stupid colors so what i usually do is just leave it black and white and just shade it and add depth. However, seeing as how this one has flames in it i feel they have to be colored, which means so would the rest of the piece. #-o

i drew this with your basic hb 2 pencil.. i was thinking about going over it with my graphite pencil but i dont think it would be smart for me to do that if i want to color it. i also would really like to color it with colored pencils, if anybody could please give me advice on this i would really love it..also if you could go a little bit more in depth about how to color the flames and fire that would be great! [-o<

-any and all advice is appreciated..also feel free to give me opinions and advice on the drawing itself. 8)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:17 am

Re: need help with finishing this!

You might get some ideas from this,
http://dueysdrawings.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7815&start=0
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

MichaelN

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 am

Re: need help with finishing this!

Very nice drawing, BabyGuz. I love dragons. A shame it has that ugly crease down the middle.
As for colored pencils, I've never used them...so you don't want my advice. Cap_PDT_01_20
Good luck, and be sure and post the results.

Mike

Return to Drawings