[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Newest WIP - Can't Find What's Wrong
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newest WIP - Can't Find What's Wrong

Moderator: duey

<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Newest WIP - Can't Find What's Wrong

Is his arm or chest too large? I've been looking at it off and on for about a week and I'm coming up short.
Any help would be appreciated. :)
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:50 am

Re: Newest WIP - Can't Find What's Wrong

Tanner,I think you need to look in a mirror for help (i know you're a woman) face is all wrong,draw some lines for guidance..ear,eye,nose, and the mouth would not open at that shape.Nipple looks way off also.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

MichaelN

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi, Tanner. If your aiming for a realistic anatomically correct drawing, I agree with Russ. I see a bit of what Betty Edwards refers to in her book
as the "chopped-off skull error", where the artist places the eye level about one-third down from the top of the head, instead
of half-way down. As for his chest and torso, the thing that I noticed immediately is the nipple is on his side.
Russ always gives excellent advice...a long study of your reflection in the mirror and some anatomical books/websites should help you a lot.
I like your drawing though. I wonder why he is crying. Looking good. Keep it up.

Mike

<<

Tanner05

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Thank you guys for the feed back. I'm working on that drawing. I've fixed the head and it looks much better. I'll post it when I finish.

I was able to finally find the art book I've been looking for.
This is my first result working with that book.
I think it looks quite a bit more realistic than my other non-ref pics.

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 am

That's much better Tanner.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Arun