[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - People practice - Children
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

People practice - Children

Moderator: duey

<<

CJ21

Pro
Pro

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:18 pm

People practice - Children

People are really my week point when it comes to drawing, but I would love to be able to do great portraits so am getting little practice in by drawing my sisters children one by one (she has three :)) Here's the start of my first one with ref. photo
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: People practice - Children

loox great so far
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you
<<

MichaelN

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Looking great, CJ21.

Mike

<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:18 am

Your outline is perfect - I take it you grid or trace? Not that either matters, quick ways of getting the results. I think you need more tonal variation on the facial skin. What pencils have you used and did you blend? Blending can have the (anti)effect of making a surface look flatter, and a face is anything but.
Well done so far, keep practicing!
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

CJ21

Pro
Pro

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:01 pm

I drew the outline using a grid, as yet I find people a bit difficult to do freehand at the moment, need more practice! I hadn't finished shading the face in the picture, I will upload an update soon of the face complete (although I will probably keep dabbing at it as I do the rest of the drawing), I'm using mainly 2B and 6B so far, and yes I am blending but trying not to do it too much
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Looks good CJ,don't overdo the face,babies are notorious for having smooth skin :roll: It's hard to replicate and easy to over cook it,i tend to use high number H pencils and hold the far end and work sideways with no pressure,then blend with a makeup disc.Good luck.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

CJ21

Pro
Pro

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks for the advice Russ, I'll try the make-up disc, haven't used one before with my drawings so will give it a try. Sadly this is on hold for the next week or two due to a few commissions coming in, but hopefully once they're done I will be able to get back to this to get it finished

Return to Drawings