[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - How did you stop smoking?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How did you stop smoking?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

honey

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Re: How did you stop smoking?

Hi, hello,
hm.. I hardly remember, but it was thanks to my better half. He just didn't like me to smoke, so I stopped. The worst time was first month, maybe two. I simply couldn't stop think about cigarettes. But it's behind me now. I think so.. because I'll be smoker to the end of my life. That's a pity. I really regret time when I was smoking but what can I do now? Just never again do that.
Be racist - don't let the black thoughts be in your head.

at last.
<<

Aga

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:54 am

I just stopped. Just like that. I had been thinking of it for a long time, but just the other day I decided - "okay, I won't smoke anymore FROM NOW ON." And I didn't try to smoke less or replace cigarettes with something else...
It wasn't easy, well, in fact I felt horrible for some time (I was really upset, everything and everyone seemed soooooo annoying to me, and the only thing I needed and thought of was just to have a smoke) but just after two weeks I started feeling better. And now it's been about 7 months since I'm a non-smoker. I sometimes miss a cigarette with my morning coffee though... :cry:
Drawing is putting a line around an idea
<<

honey

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Morning coffee is very veeeery treacherous :twisted: I've always been smoking with my breakfast and in the evenings. That was one of my biggest addictions. And now I'm addicted to singing. For sure - more healthy, isn't it? :)
Be racist - don't let the black thoughts be in your head.

at last.
<<

karaann07

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Man, I am trying to stop smoking for the millionth time. Even after having 2 kids- and quitting cold turkey the moment I found out I was pregnant, both times, and remaining smoke free for over a year, both times- I STILL went back to smoking. It is so frustrating because I LIKE it, but I know my husband doesn't. And I don't smoke at home, or in the car if my kids are going to be in it... so I basically only get to smoke on the way to and from work. 2 cigarettes a day and I can't give it up???!! Agh!

That was a less than helpful answer, huh?
<<

Aron

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:16 am

I stopped when I calculated how much money I am loosing on cigarettes and never started to smokeing again :D
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:56 am

As this post has been bumped already, I'll just mention that it has been 53 days 6 hours and 49 mins since my last cigarette. :)
Go me...Go me...Gooooooooooo me!
All it took was the thought of upsetting my Daughter and Son, by making them watch my painful death from some form of cancer.
Used Nicorette "Quick spray" fewer and fewer doses each week, now on just 3-4 sprays a day, and should be off that soon too. :)
Now if I could just lose 4 stone....

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:11 pm

2 years and 7 months for me,gave it up really easily after smoking for over 40 years,reason...diagnosed with Emphysema :shock:
A year later they told me i didn't have that.
Well done Carl,never go back =D>
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:33 pm

congrats russ and carl...now to get my parents to quit :twisted:
my da