[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - tattoo
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

tattoo

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

mononoke

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 pm

tattoo

Was I wrong to think that there was a forum for tattoo related art??

I know it has been a while since I have posted - (I'm actually still working on the last posted drawing "cleaver") but as everyone else has been - I WAS BUSY!!! (=

I have a request for anyone interested in helping me out. I am in no way incapable of doing it myself - but it will look like everyhting else I draw (at least from my perspective).

I just want to get different ideas of what other people see or produce when approached with the goal of creating a "nautilus".

I am willing to fairly trade commodity of reasonable sorts with whom ever will help me or donate their opinion / image/ idea.

Let me guarantee that these images will not be used for ANY commercial type of reason (I know people have stalked these forums for images to use for stores, image prints, etc...)

I just want to meet some of the new people here, and get back in touch with others I haven't spoken to in a while (is Plissken still kickin??)

please get in touch with me if you have any ideas of drawings you would be willing to show me of your rendition of the nautilus.
here is an image link to some neat pictures.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nautilus&FORM=BIFD

Thanks for reading!
Cordially,
Jenn

nillajenn@yahoo.com (bots need not reply!)
Last edited by mononoke on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great artists do not rely on talent but the countless numbers of hour practicing and honing a skill.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Re: tattoo

Hey Jenn,
Glad to see you're not gone for good.
I kept trying to convince myself that your absence wasn't due to my reappearance. :lol:
When you say you want a drawing of a Nautilus, do you mean this guy?
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/Inver ... utilus.jpg
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

mononoke

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Why hello PhanTom!! :) Glad to see you around too, your absence was apparent as well! I pulled the prerequisite "I forgot to include the link I referenced" maneuver. Eek! I am having trouble coming up with ideas for the context of a drawing. I want a nautilus, but there seems to be only 2 or 3 really good interesting reference pictures I can find on the internet. I am just putting my "feelers" out to try and get some good ideas. I definitely am going for a "nostalgic fantasy" type of drawing but also trying to include references to the Fibonacci Sequence, even though the nautilus doesn't fit the golden mean it is certainly the most visually attractive misconception of it. hmm. . .
Maybe just one of those things that will come to me after the gumption to do it has passed!! (=
Great artists do not rely on talent but the countless numbers of hour practicing and honing a skill.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:37 am

Right now I'm thinking of a cross section of a nautilus shell that kind of looks like Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man drawing.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

mononoke

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:14 pm

hmm.. thats a good idea - especially the cross section part. Let me doodle around and see what I can do woth the idea - Thanks PhanTom. If you have any more ideas feel free to share!
<<

welsh_gizmo

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 pm

cool idea!, so you want the nautilus itself? are you into the new school style?. if so i may have a go ! i think it could make a very cool tattoo, may i ask, where abouts on your body you thinking of having it? :D

Return to Friends