[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Cartooning, anyone?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cartooning, anyone?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Dreadhead_Spice

Amateur
Amateur

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:37 pm

Cartooning, anyone?

Now, I've been on this forum for a while now. I've noticed most of you all do realistic art, and digital art that looks like a photograph. Now, I think you guys are TOTALLY AWSOME with some MAD skillzez cuz, I deffinitly don't have the skillz to draw a picture that detailed and realisitc...yet.

Right now, i'm still in high school. I'm 16. I think it's safe to say that a good chunk of you guys are in/already been thro collage, so you know the tricks of the trade, and u know what works for you.

Now, I don't feel ostrisised, or left out or anything, but I couldn't help but notice, there ain't that many of ya'll that really draw Disney-realistic-cartoony style, like me....

so...ny of you guys who draw realistic art ALSO have a thing for cartooning? Just wondering :P
"A Little nonsense now-and-then, is relished by the wisest men."
~Willy Wonka
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸-(Abby)-°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:30 pm

First off you have everybit , as much potential as anyone, I never really did , but that was on ly becuase I was never ble to put to paper what I could see in my mind, now if I had a picture of someone eles I could do it then but only then , I think I may have some from when I was in highschool, but they came from a book in the library, I barely knew what the internet was about that time.If I can think tomorrow I'll hunt them post a few. there is one I always liked it's an ogre looking guy :).
Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 pm

i never really went to far in depth with characters like you do with the disney ones, which btw brian recently did a color pencil drawing of the little mermaid if you havent checked that out yet.

as for me i drew nonsense voilence, :lol: heres about 1% of what me and my friends drew back in the day...

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:50 pm

I used to have a thing for cartooning back when I was in elementary/high school. Kinda grew out of that phase, although I still read the comics in the newspaper on a daily basis. I also love political cartoons, although I don't draw them. Dreadhead, I would recommend improving your spelling and grammar a bit (no more "skillz", "AWSOME", "cuz", etc.) because that gets old really quick!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

i prefer nintendo 2 girls

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:11 pm

Abby i made a few cartoons for local events and as cariactures of old workmates.

Ignore Canadianmaple and spell how you see fit, language should be an extension of yourself, my bad typing would indicate that i am scatty, disorganised and often in a rush... and whaddya know i am!!

Lets 'try' and not push anymore new members away eh
David.
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Ok here they are , and they did'nt come from my mind , they came from a book in library, I think the giant ogre looking guy is funny looking. :)
Oh and the lines are not really that dark , I used the auto enhance in photoshop. these are prob almost 15 years old.

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:57 pm

i remember this crazy book i had when i was a kid that taught how to draw monsters, and one looked about like that bottom left one,.. these are good though, i think cartoons work best with dark lines anyway. 8)
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:15 am

Cool drawings Atilla! I like the devil-type guy the best.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:20 am

Thanks guys , it made it so dark it almost looks like it's in pen :).

<<

Dreadhead_Spice

Amateur
Amateur

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:35 am

1stly, I really LOVE how, like all of you guys can do a bit of cartooning, AND realistic. like, I said...I'm still in high school, so I've got things to learn ^^

2ndly..ah..me spelling ^^; Ok..I'm aBAD speller...like SUPER bad, so I tend to shorten words and stuff, cuz..I mean BEcause, it's easier for me..plus I got ADHD xD haha

and...3rdly, Atilla, that art is REALLY COOL :D Yesh, the Dioblo dude is kewl ^^
~Willy Wonka
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:17 am

<<

Dreadhead_Spice

Amateur
Amateur

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:22 pm

~Willy Wonka
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Return to Friends